Our partner is a market leader recognized for delivering solutions that support our customer in their journey into Digital Transformation. We pioneered WAN Optimization with SteelHead and have led the market we created for all of the past 12 years. Today, we have over 28,000 customers, including 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global 100. With our Application Performance Platform, we provide integrated solutions for the interrelated challenges of hybrid enterprises in the cloud era. Our solutions for SD-WAN, for visibility across the hybrid enterprise, and for software-defining the edge enable companies to deploy and manage network services, applications, monitoring capabilities, and branch IT as intuitively as downloading apps onto your smart phone and as instantly as spinning up compute and storage resources into a public cloud.
Our partner is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
Our partner offers the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry, changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are growing our engineering teams across the region so are looking for skilled, energetic professionals looking to grow as we do. We offer competitive salary and an attractive benefits package.
- At least five years’ experience in enterprise technical support role, preferably with a networking technology company
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent clients handling skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fast self-learning and independent
- Ability to handle stress and work under pressure
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent
- Provide remote support to customers via phone, web, and email
- Take ownership of customer issues and handle problems through to resolution
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Prioritize and managing open escalation cases
- Provide accurate and prompt updates to customers
- Manage technical escalations and participate in conference calls
- Some weekend coverage as required
- Participate in cross regional/functional swarming support model
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base articles
- Understanding of WAN technologies, bandwidth, latency and how bandwidth and latency restrictions affect application performance
- Experience reading and understanding packet captures using Sniffer, Ethereal/Wireshark, Cascade Pilot, AppTransaction or similar tools
- In depth knowledge and understanding of packet flow and TCP session establishment and understanding of Microsoft and other application behaviour at the network layer
- Experience with general routing/switching protocols, policy based routing, spanning‐tree, VLANs and VLAN trunking, wireless technologies
- Experience with virtualization technologies – eg VMWare, KVM, Hyper-V
- Experience with Cloud technologies – eg AWS, Azure
- Experience with any of the following: QoS, Netflow, NAT, SSL, HTTP, CIFS, MAPI, NFS, Firewalls and RAID
- Strong UNIX/Linux/MS, scripting is a plus
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE is highly preferred
If you’re a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion-dollar-plus San Francisco-based company, then you should consider us. If you want to rapidly develop your career with a company that is also a great place to work, we should be at the top of your list. We recently won recognition from two of the most well reputed barometers of the work environment. We are the Glassdoor “Employees’ Choice” award winner as one of the top places to work, ranking #17 overall and #9 among technology companies. Additionally, we’ve been recognized with a Sloan award for work-life balance, which underscores our core values.
If you can add to our collective talent and unique culture, then this job might be right for you! We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.