With over 40,000 business customers subscribing to more than 650,000 services, our client has become the industry's leading provider of unified communications and collaboration (UCC) services in the cloud for small and medium businesses and mid-market and distributed enterprises. They deliver a broad suite of UCC services to in-office and mobile devices spanning cloud telephony, virtual contact center and virtual meetings through a proprietary unified Software as a Service, or SaaS, platform. They hosted VoIP communications free companies from the burdens of outmoded on-premises systems that thwart productivity and drain profits. Our client's flexible, scalable cloud solutions combine ease of use and management simplicity with rigorous security, compliance and reliability.
- Lead a team of highly talented DevOps to design, develop and maintain CI/CD enterprise solutions.
- Direct the day to day activities of the DevOps Scrum team
- Execute on the product backlog, sprint backlog, road-map and release plan
- Work closely with the Developlent Managers, to ensure solutions are in keeping with the current and future product direction, trust (security) and performance requirements
- Support the whole product life-cycle - Balance dependencies, technical debt, environment and operational support
- Provide guidance and support your team by reducing churn and waste, removing blockers, escalating issues and helping to mentor and grow team members.
- 4+ years of management experience in leading teams of software engineers and operations teams.
- 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering & Operation field
- 2+ years experience with automation tools like Jenkins
- 2+ years experience in Scrum/Agile methods.
- Excellent organizational skills, analytic capabilities, and attention to detail
- Work with cross functional team and Project Managers with road-map and sprint planning activities
- Present and communicate complex ideas and features to a broad audience effectively
- Independently perform interviews to determine hiring recommendations based on technical competency and delivery effectiveness
- Provide technical vision and strategy to varying audiences
- Implement best practices to influences engineers to apply them in their daily work
- Expert using GitLab, Chef, Jenkins, and Nexus or related technologies
- Have a degree from a four year University
- Deeply analytical and detail oriented
- Build a collective vision - Lead from the front
- Exposure with databases and SQL
- Expertise with developing enterprise applications
- Experience with system configuration, monitoring and orchestration tools (Chef, Ansible, VMware, Nagios and Check-MK)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding attention to detail