The company provides a complete augmented analytics solution powered by AI that makes in-depth data analysis as easy as a web search. Their unique technology hides complexity, empowering non-technical users to easily run and share their own reports.
By eliminating the limitations of existing analytics, reducing data preparation and discovery time by 50-80%, and accelerating time to insight to just a matter of minutes rather than days, the company uses Machine Learning to improve business insight, accuracy and performance.
Headquartered in London with offices in New York and Romania, the company helps accelerate decision making and productivity for customers across a range of industries and markets, including Retail, Financial Services, Advertising, Supply Chain and Media and Entertainment.
We're looking for an experienced, talented, and highly-motivated Engineering Manager to join our team. You will lead the team of developers, take full responsibility for maintaining and improving the quality of the codebase through mentoring, code-reviews and architectural discussions
You should be an excellent communicator and listener e.g. creating detailed design specs for engineers or helping unblock them.
You will work with our CTO to plan and deliver against our roadmap and to create and maintain a scalable architecture.
What you'll do:
- Passion for Building and working with a strong team of engineers
- Comfortable with contribution to the hands on aspect
- Proven track record of delivering complex platforms
- The ability to use technology to solve complex domain problems
- 5 years of professional development experience
- 3 years of management experience
- Proficient in Java and SQL, knowledge of Python is a plus.
- A wealth of knowledge across multiple technologies
- Highly analytical and a keen eye for details
- Data driven/quantitive approach for decision making and measuring impact
- Believes in coaching engineers to achieve their full potential
- Excels under pressure in a fast paced startup
- Overseeing a broad set of company deliverables and the ability to wear multiple hats as required in a startup
- Previous experience with Big Data and ML based projects would be a plus.