As commodities continue to grow in global importance, many business processes that join the physical world and the financial world remain stuck in a bygone paper-based age.
Our partner helps businesses provide a secure lending platform for their commodity goods through the use of trusted digital warehouse receipts. By removing paper, Sentinel technology helps reduce the risk of fraud on financed material and reduce processing delays.
Their mission is to build total trust in commodity markets, helping to connect financial markets (banks, brokers, traders) to the physical economy (farmers, producers, warehousing companies) using our leading Sentinel technology where appropriate.
Product Engineering are responsible for designing and building our core product Sentinel, as well as providing the technical resource for changes our custom platforms. This includes aligning requirements from market feedback with our own product roadmap, supporting the commercial efforts of the business to deliver the right quality software product(s) and maintaining the core assets of the platform.
Key functional responsibilities include:
- Platform architecture and design
- Product features design and development
- Development of change requests (Sentinel & custom platforms)
- Roadmap management and version/release scheduling
- Support for Business Development
- Contributing to Sentinel product technical and feature design and development effort, including hands-on coding and automated testing
- Operating effectively as a key member of the Product Engineering team
- Contributing constructively to the core Platform architecture and design, balancing the strategic requirements of our company for owning a flexible, multi-featured product with any short term requirements
- Maintaining full personal utilisation
- Ensuring the interoperability of the Sentinel platform with other platforms
- Commercially timely and cost effective product features design and development, in line with the published roadmap(s)
- Solution design (with alternatives), estimating and development of change requests (for custom platforms)
- Adherence to and ongoing contribution to our company technical standards, processes and methods
- Helping to ensure our agreed performance criteria, code quality, security, and User Experience (UX) needs are met.
- Sourcing additional resources (both internal and external) to assist with the role
- Support for Business Development as required
- Ensuring your availability for engineering assistance for Service Management when issues need to be escalated to Product Engineering
- Skills and knowledge transfer to all team members
Skills and Experience:
- Continuous Integration & DevOps – TeamCity, Octopus Deploy are a plus
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical knowledge evidenced by maintaining technical certifications (aligned to the technologies we use).
- 5 Years’ experience of enterprise platform development and technical design
- Ability to contribute to team efforts and deliver to tight timescales to the agreed level of function and quality
- A thorough understanding of modern interconnected technology architectures, product design models
- Proven teamwork and collaboration skills
- Practical experience in Agile development projects