Our partner is a global solutions provider focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Their vision is to close digital information gaps allowing for the best possible decisions – anytime and anywhere.
Plan, organize, and manage infrastructure staff and/or consultants to ensure the stable and secure operation of the organization’s ICT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, and telecommunications systems. The Infrastructure Manager will also manage end-user customer service and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion. Directs and coordinates voice, network and data information systems and staff.
- Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration and installation.
- Maintains network hardware and software, including servers, voice, PDA's, peripherals, network nodes, terminals and wiring.
- Works with consultants to ensure that the computer system platform provides sufficient computing resources to deliver the desired level of business performance.
- Coordinates with other departments in order to understand and meet their requirements.
- Evaluates network hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations. Checks systems in order to optimize performance and to initiate recovery action after system failures.
- Establishes budgetary requirements for equipment replacement.
- Establishes and controls systems access and security.
- Provides support to and trains users in local area network administration and usage.
- Monitors customer service and maintains network stability, collects and analyzes network and memory utilization, and installs and tests software upgrades.
- Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage and retrieval functions.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network hardware, software and telecommunications services.
- Develops or establishes strong relationships with service providers.
- Negotiates and contracts with consultants, technical personnel and vendors for services and products.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations and cabling layouts.
- Develops, maintains and tests disaster recovery plans.
- Trains users in the operations of office productivity applications.
- Directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Performs other non-essential duties as assigned.
- Line of business (LOB) managers for business users affected by the project
- ICT line managers for all ICT associates involved in the selection, design, implementation, rollout and/or update of the ERP/business application platform.
- Business stakeholders
- Heads of governance bodies needed to make the necessary decisions
- Support leader
- Hardware, software and service vendors
Technical or College Degree in Information Technology, Management or related field, and/or advanced networking certifications.
At least 10 years’ experience in Information Technology management for medium to large organizations. A relevant tertiary qualification in Computer Science, IT or related discipline or relevant experience is preferred. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) qualifications, CISCO CCNA/CCNP and VMWare VCP5 are desirable.
Extensive experience required in service provider networks with experience managing teams and with responsibility for completing complex deployment projects within budget and on specific timelines.
Experience designing and/or troubleshooting network problems and providing superior customer service. Experience with Microsoft computer and server OS platforms.
Experience working with network monitoring systems or equivalent experience.
Detailed understanding of IP addressing, IP routing protocols, Internet technologies and standards, Internet security issues, circuit technologies, communications engineering standards, web and network access technologies, computer office software suites.
Experienced in ITIL implementation and/or familiar operating in organization standardized on the ITIL framework.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak to technical-level staff and summarize communications for executive consumption.
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated track record.
- Excellent management and team-building skills.
- Utilizes project management software tools such as MS Project to effectively manage, monitor and control project activities.
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between business requirements and technical design and implementation.
- Business application life cycle management.
- System development life cycle management.
- Budget planning and management.
- Working knowledge of applications being implemented.
- Problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills to influence management as well as internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; effective in matrix management and team building.
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment.
- Self-motivated and a problem solver.
- Experienced in facilitation and negotiating.
- Intercultural competence.