With over 40,000 business customers subscribing to more than 650,000 services, our client has become the industry's leading provider of unified communications and collaboration (UCC) services in the cloud for small and medium businesses and mid-market and distributed enterprises. They deliver a broad suite of UCC services to in-office and mobile devices spanning cloud telephony, virtual contact center and virtual meetings through a proprietary unified Software as a Service, or SaaS, platform. They hosted VoIP communications free companies from the burdens of outmoded on-premises systems that thwart productivity and drain profits. Our client's flexible, scalable cloud solutions combine ease of use and management simplicity with rigorous security, compliance and reliability.
The Senior Operations Support Engineer provides Operations product support for the Quality Rocket (QR) application. This position is responsible for the creation, managing and resolution of change requests. The Senior Operations Support Engineer will be largely responsible for supporting initial application deployments, infrastructure upgrades, software upgrades, patching and ongoing support for this mission critical 24x7 hosted application. The position also creates and maintains documentation for supported applications and must be prepared to become a subject matter expert on networking and infrastructure issues. This person relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and performs a variety of tasks while working under minimal supervision. A high degree of creativity and operational discipline is required.
- Provide internal application support for a wide variety of clustered systems, stand alone servers, applications, batch processes, and databases
- Develop scripts/web-tools for automating Operations and customer support common issues and procedures
- Write, review, and execute complex Intervention Plans with strict Change Control Management
- Maintain, deploy, and support monitoring systems
- Manage and triage multiple incident cases within SLAs and provide up-to-date details on each.
- Provide documentation for workarounds and file bugs for detected application issues.
- Participate in scheduled maintenances and System upgrades as needed.
- Provide notification and escalation for maintenance and outage activity.
- Provide on-call pager support during off-hours as needed
- Follow and develop prescribed procedures and document all work performed in the ticket system.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Share knowledge and best practices with other company personnel by training and documentation.
- Must be prepared to become the knowledge expert around infrastructure and systems.
This position requires the individual to have the following skill sets:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field and/or 10+ years’ experience in Computer operations, production control or other IT related field.
- Experience with software application support (with emphasis in Linux, Windows and DevOps type role).
- Must possess a keen technical mind capable of quickly learning new skills and tools.
- Expert-level Knowledge of Linux operating systems is a must.
- Expert-level Knowledge of MySQL required, Oracle a plus.
- Utilitarian Knowledge of scripting languages is mandatory (flexible on language).
- Capability of designing tools using LAMP/Shell/etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration (Jenkins).
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Docker.
- Systems Hardening.
- Enterprise Virtualization, particularly VMware clusters.
- Expert-level Knowledge of networking technologies:
- Storage - FC, NFS, iSCSI
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- SIP expertise a plus (Signaling, Codecs, RTP)
- Excellent application support and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong attention to details and ability to regularly produce accurate and professional work.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in stressful situations.
- Ability to research and suggest innovative solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team or as an individual contributor.
- Ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Demonstrates exceptional capacity for taking ownership of issues through to resolution.
- Understanding of Software as a Service (SaaS) market and application delivery with proven experience.