Our partner is a market leader recognized for delivering solutions that support our customer in their journey into Digital Transformation. We pioneered WAN Optimization with SteelHead and have led the market we created for all of the past 12 years. Today, we have over 28,000 customers, including 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global 100. With our Application Performance Platform, we provide integrated solutions for the interrelated challenges of hybrid enterprises in the cloud era. Our solutions for SD-WAN, for visibility across the hybrid enterprise, and for software-defining the edge enable companies to deploy and manage network services, applications, monitoring capabilities, and branch IT as intuitively as downloading apps onto your smart phone and as instantly as spinning up compute and storage resources into a public cloud.
Our partner is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
Streamline in house engineering operational practices and drive continuous improvements in quality, reliability and efficiency. Perform system analysis, monitoring and performance tuning. Coordinate with members of internal engineering and management teams regarding infrastructure adjustments, improvements and service requests. Manage engineering dependencies on back-end infrastructure and work with team of system administrators to maintain and upgrade operational environments without outages. Develop tooling to aid in infrastructure development. Identify and troubleshoot technical issues. Author, manage and document existing and new configuration management frameworks, processes and policies.
Requires a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field. Also if possible an additional two years of systems administration experience. Employer will accept, in the alternative, a Bachelor’s degree in one of the requisite fields followed by five years of progressively responsible of systems administration experience.
Experience must include:
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Monitoring and maintaining resources on Linux or Windows or AWS platforms
- Proficiency in authoring and managing configuration management frameworks, such as Salt, Chef or Puppet
- Familiarity with network traces and able to analyze traces troubleshoot networking issues using Wireshark
- Scripting, automation, and architecture in large production server environments, using one or more of bash, Perl or Python
- Administering high performance HTTP proxies including at least one of the following: Nginx, Gunicorn
- Knowledge of configuring and managing CI/CD systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo