Our clients are looking for a specialist to help build out their Cloud-based SaaS business. You will be part of the platform AWS team and as such you will be helping design and implement the landing zone and infrastructure-as-code to support the Sophis and Summit applications. As a member of the team, you will need to keep up to date with the latest cloud technologies with regards to their DevOps and Landing Zone solutions as well as 3rd party alternatives. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build a unique skill set, supporting trading applications in the Cloud.
- Build out AWS Landing Zone to support SaaS applications, including Account Structure, Networking, Security, Logging and Billing accounts.
- Build Terraform templates for core AWS services to be used by Summit and Sophis applications, including EC2, RDS, ELB, EBS, SQS, SNS, S3.
- Build Policy-as-code to secure landing zone using AWS Config rules.
- Keep up to speed with the latest technology releases from cloud providers and maintain continuous learning by gaining certifications
- Contribute to the tech community by writing occasional blogs, posting on LinkedIn and attending events such as webinars and conferences.
- Assist with pre-sales activities when required, building up the DevOps collateral.
- Strong knowledge of Windows & Linux based systems;
- DevOps background/experience including scripting ability (ideally Python and bash);
- Experience building infrastructure as code with CloudFormation and Terraform;
- Secondary knowledge in one of the following is an advantage; Puppet, Chef or Ansible;
- Knowledge of AWS core services: VPCs, Availability Zones, Route 53, S3, API Gateway, SQS, SNS, EC2, Auto Scaling Groups, AuroraDB, RDS;
- Knowledge of basic AWS security controls; IAM, Security Groups, Guard Duty, CloudTrail, AWS WAF;
- Previous Experience using Finastra trading application Sophis or Summit would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of Containers and Container Orchestration such as Docker or Kubernetes;
- Demonstrable experience across a range of DevOps tooling:
- CI – Jenkins/TeamCity/CircleCI/Azure DevOps
- SCM – Bitbucket/GitHub/Gitlab
- CD – Spinnaker/Octopus/Bamboo
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- An eye for detail and accuracy, and an affinity with design issues and the ability to help establish an own vision for their solutions.
- The ability to work in teams and knowledge of agile processes & ceremonies such as Scrum, SaFe and Kanban
- Organizational ability and tenacity; able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Take a proactive approach to work, good with handling uncertainty and can manage their work without close supervision.
- A strong sense of ownership and a desire to deliver quality outcomes for the business.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.