Our partner is an innovative cyber security company and we are building a trusted secure communications platform for mobile and Internet of Things (IoT). The platform enables organisations and developers to create products with their APIs and quickly enter the market by removing barriers around compliance and security assurance. Their patented software technology combines compression and encryption to enable high quality secure voice, video and messaging. They were named one of the UK's 13 most promising cybersecurity startups. The list of clients includes organisations such as Vodafone, IBM, BAE Systems, UK Ministry of Defence, US Department of Defense, UK and Global banks as well as other UK Government agencies.
Our vision for the role:
The mobile developer will design and build applications for mobile devices running Apple’s iOS and Android operating software. Responsible for designing and coding the base application, ensuring the quality of the application, fixing application bugs, maintaining the code, and implementing application updates. Design and build unit, system and integration test code for reliability. Write and maintain documentation for features and user guides. The Mobile Developer also has a strong understanding of the patterns and practices that revolve around the iOS and Android platform.
- A strong understanding of the patterns and practices of the iOS and Android platform.
- Collaborating with the scrum team to translate client requirements into implementable user stories.
- Ensuring quality and performance of application to specifications.
- Identifying potential problems and resolving application bottlenecks.
- Fixing application bugs before final release.
- Publishing application on app Store.
- Maintaining the code and atomization of the application.
- Designing and implementing application updates.
- Mobile development using native code and third party libraries, frameworks and APIs
- Working with and designing RESTful APIs to connect to server infrastructure
- UI/UX development
- Follow engineering best practices including test driven development, and continuous integration
- Have experience with networking technologies or streaming and wireless transmission protocols
- Are equally happy integrating third party libraries, frameworks and APIs as you are writing your own
- Can communicate to technical and non-technical people, and are able to work in small teams
- Are comfortable translating high level requirements into technical designs that can be implemented
- Interest in networking technologies, streaming and wireless transmission protocols.
- Eagerness to learn about information security principles and encryption technologies.
- Commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
- Understanding of iOS’s and Android’s design principles and interface guidelines.
- Experience developing high-transaction volume scalable applications.
- Experience with containerization.
- Experience writing Node.JS applications or APIs.
- Relational database experience; experience writing SQL queries, performance tuning databases, looking at query plans.
Who we look for:
- Experience integrating external libraries written in C/C++ to iOS and Android application
- People who take ownership of what they do and proactively contribute.
- Working closely with product management, QA and your development team members to continuously improve the App.
- Team players with a drive to deliver, producing work on time and to a high standard.
- Independent thinkers who are inquisitive and not afraid to suggest new ideas.
What we offer:
- 23 working days paid annual leave
- Annual Meal Voucher
- Annual Medical Insurance
- Annual Gym Membership