Every day we look to tackle highly interesting and challenging problems that can help people better live their lives free from fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. We have developed modern, web-based applications that allow our growing list of international clients to detect, and ultimately prevent, illegal financial activities. We reduce crime and criminal activity through the creative use of technology & design and disrupt the compliance industry while doing so.
After securing our Series B investment round of $30 mln led by Index Ventures and tripling our revenue year-on-year, we’re growing fast and are looking for the best people to join us.
Fresh Thinkers - We’re big thinking, boundary breakers, providing innovative solutions not corporate fixes.
Problem Solvers - We’re constantly curious and instinctively clever, always striving to be faster and better.
People People - We’re the human side of risk and compliance, we care about the people behind the screens.
We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions to help organisations fight financial crime. We are building solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists. You will join and guide the Screening App team through successful scaling and predictable delivery.
Deliver results for the company:
- Working with the PM to ensure that the right environment is created for setting and achieving goals during the quarter
- Contribute to quarterly planning process as the technology stakeholder
- With the PM, ensuring that goals are communicated with context throughout the team and to other key stakeholders
- Working with product manager to build the roadmap backlog
- Matching roadmap to engineering capacity, proactively identifying gaps
- Working with the teams to ensure that we’re using the right solution
- Ensuring the teams are considering all functional and non-functional needs
- Ensure that the solution space has been thought-through appropriately via structured review process
- Ensuring we use the right technology for the problems faced, including buy-vs-build
- Together with product manager, ensuring we optimize for the right outcomes
- Measured by ability to achieve OKRs
- Ensure technical best practices are being adopted for predictable and quality delivery and operation of software and data
- Ensure company best practices are used for coding, testing, reviewing
- Ensure complex projects are broken down into milestones for teams to execute on, and agile project management methodologies are used appropriately
- Ensure appropriate information security practices and controls are in place to ensure necessary confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems and data
- Ensure that production systems are observable around key customer-focused metrics and incidents are responded to rapidly
- Identify, prioritise and address technical debt
- Measured by release frequency, milestone delivery, lead time, incidents, rollbacks
- Responsible for driving improvements in capabilities of squad and tribe as a whole
- Keeping up with/implementing best practices around process and workflow
- Understanding and driving improvements in technical capability
- Not measured as should influence metrics mentioned above
Develop and support a world-class team:
- Ensure satisfaction and happiness across the team
- Ensure everyone in the team has regular performance reviews and career growth plans
- Hire great people into the team as required, and ensure that they are effectively on boarded and integrated into the team
- Have regular and high quality 1-1s with all direct reports, and ensure all managers within the team are doing likewise.
- Conduct salary reviews
- Manage poor performers, top talent, etc.
- Measured by retention, eNPS, quarterly review feedback
Manage at least 2 (up to 4) squads (10-30 people), which often will include non-development functions (QA, delivery).
What does success look like after 3 months?
You will have worked with the team and Product to formulate a road-map to scale the product to the next level.
You will have led the team through a number of successful iterative release cycles, with the aim of moving towards a fully continuous delivery model
You will have hired and on-boarded great developers to scale the team.
We’re looking for a smart and motivated person that takes pride in their work and contributes to an effective working environment. You will be sure of your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- You will have most likely have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or other numerate field with around 8 years professional experience
- You will have led at least 2 teams of 5 - 8 developers for at least 1 year.
- You will have previously driven improvements in capabilities of the teams you've managed, ensuring technical quality remains top class
- You will have showcased your ability to work closely with product managers, product owners and other engineering managers
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Generous annual leave arrangements
- Private health insurance
- Meal tickets
- Share options scheme