Our partner is a System Integrator for publishing solutions that reinvent the way organizations work with content to drive new revenues and enhance market agility.
Partnering with some of the world’s largest publishers, including Pearson, Penguin Random House, Oxford University Press and Cengage Learning, they are uniquely positioned to provide a real-world view and strategic insight.
They are not a typical company, visit their brand-new office for a cup of tea or coffee and convince yourself.
We are seeking talented people who are looking to work as part of a successful global organisation that is widely recognised as a world expert in the delivery of high quality software solutions to the publishing sector.
We are not your typical company, come to our brand-new office for a cup of tea or coffee and convince yourself.
The main responsibility will be to ensure their projects are estimated correctly, set up correctly, providing agreed functionality that is delivered on time, to budget and to the appropriate quality standards; and support seamlessly. The candidate will responsible for leading product development teams responsible for introducing new products for release as well as major updates to existing products.
- Liaise with the PMO and CTOs about provisioning potentially re-usable code or IP into the appropriate repositories/wikis;
- Ensure all projects undergo a retrospective, and the "lessons learned" are fed-back into the PMO and project delivery framework;
- Actively participate in, and contribute to, the regular PMO meetings;
- Be an ambassador, internally and externally, for the company, its values and its culture;
- Manage client expectations effectively and develop relationships with client personnel that foster client ties;
- Continually seek opportunities to increase client satisfaction and strengthen relationships;
- Communicate effectively with clients and Client Engagement staff to identify needs and evaluate potential further business opportunities;
If you have:
- At least 5 years relevant management experience with a mixture or both Agile & Waterfall in mainly client-facing roles.
- At least 5 years experience of working through the design, development, release and maintenance cycle and delivering software products to market.
- Quantifiable experience in managing the completion of all project phases from inception to transition.
- Ideal career paths would include consulting plus an analytical and/or technical background (development/infrastructure/testing/support) to ensure the solution being implemented is "owned" and fully understood.
- Experience of managing small & large projects (2 weeks to 18+ months), potentially in parallel.
- Teams of between with a mix of onshore/offshore/remote/client/3rd party staff.
- Excellent client facing/negotiation skills and stakeholder management.
- Pre-Sales/Proposal/RFP/bid experience – they will define the projects they are expected to deliver.
- Experience of delivering fixed price and T&M projects.
- Good awareness of contracts and numbers – they will be measured on how accurate the project delivery is against estimates.
- Our projects are a mixture of software development, configuration, customisation & integration of a central set of products. We use Alfresco (enterprise content management), MarkLogic (XML DB), Solr and Drupal so experience of these or similar would be an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of working in a dynamic entrepreneurial, growing environment would a great advantage.
then we would definitely like to have a chat.
We can offer
- A very motivating salary;
- Extensive private medical insurance (not a discount subscription to a particular clinic);
- Sport benefits;
- Additional paid vacation days for previous seniority and also for seniority in our company;
- Work on exciting and varied projects, with the latest technologies;
- Lots of professional challenges in a friendly and informal environment.
Still here? Fantastic! Apply & come and meet us.