Our partner is a System Integrator for publishing solutions that reinvent the way organizations work with content to drive new revenues and enhance market agility.
Partnering with some of the world’s largest publishers, including Pearson, Penguin Random House, Oxford University Press and Cengage Learning, they are uniquely positioned to provide a real-world view and strategic insight.
They are not a typical company, visit their brand-new office for a cup of tea or coffee and convince yourself.
The Test Automation Specialist is responsible for designing and implementing automated test suites, both functional and non functional, that validate software conformance to defined acceptance criteria, design documentation and application standards. Functional, performance and load testing automation is required, while knowledge and experience in penetration testing and security audits is also highly desirable.
Working closely with Business Analysts, Technical Architects, Technical Leads and Test Leads across a range of projects, the Test Automation Specialist will be involved with identifying automation needs and setting non-functional expectations during the discovery and design of a system. Reports on test run results are expected to help the Technical Architect/Lead pinpoint problematic areas and provide status for business stakeholders. As a subject matter expert, the Test Automation Specialist will work constantly to define, improve and champion good practices in the field, ensure processes are adhered to, while also providing mentoring and advice to project test leads, acting as the 'go-to' for all automation specific matters that surpass their expertise.
- Design functional and non-functional automated validation solutions;
- Design, implementing, running automated test suites and reporting on their results;
- Contribute to definition, design and maintenance of the test automation framework and ensuring that appropriate testing tools are selected and applied for optimum value;
- Contribute to creation and maintenance of the test automation and tools knowledge base; tech talks on new developments;
- Provide input and research findings to QA Practice Head and CTO and help shape test automation strategy as part of the project delivery process;
- Work in a collaborative manner with Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers and Testers to deliver quality testing outputs;
- Actively engage with Business Analysts, Technical Architect, Technical Lead and Developers to ensure the soundness of proposed solution and define limitations of validation solution;
- Ensure automation environments run smoothly and ensure all tests pass, or highlight any regressions;
- Review and revise acceptance criteria for accuracy, clarity and completeness;
- Provide automation support and coaching for members of the testing team;
- Peer review of test automation implementation by the testing team;
- Provide task estimates for the creation and execution of automated tests, and report to the Project Manager any variance that may jeopardize the project;
- Create and maintain of relevant project automation testing documentation
- Create test scripts and performing tests, both manual and automated, functional and non-functional;
If you have
- 5 years’ experience in software testing with 3 years in automation;
- Experience in automated testing and automation testing tools, plus an interest in working with Open Source testing tools e.g. Selenium WebDriver;
- Experience in working with performance testing tools e.g. JMeter;
- Insight into test automation tools used underlying technologies and their effects on test results;
- Knowledge of OOP and Java Programming Language;
- Hands‐on functional testing experience including system testing and regression testing, both manual and automated;
- Experience of working in an agile testing environment, is familiar with SCRUM and with testing within a SCRUM team;
- Experience in logging and tracking defects through to closure, using issue tracking tools such as JIRA;
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills, with proven ability to investigate complex issues and make informed decisions when written guidelines are not available;
- Ability to estimate time to complete tasks based on stories/requirements and to construct Sprint test plans based on initial estimates;
- Versatility to adapt test plans/tasks if project circumstances change;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
and maybe even:
- Customer/Client facing experience;
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery approaches;
- Understanding of HTTP, REST architecture style and testing against endpoints;
- Experience with security and penetration testing concepts and tools;
- Experience in Linux administration;
- Experience and knowledge of Behavior Driven Development testing and tools;
we would definitely like to have a chat.
We can offer:
- A very motivating salary;
- Extensive private medical insurance (not a discount subscription to a particular clinic);
- Sport benefits;
- Additional paid vacation days for previous seniority and also for seniority in our company;
- Work on exciting and varied projects, with the latest technologies;
- Lots of professional challenges in a friendly and informal environment.
Still here? Fantastic! Apply & come and meet us.