Our partner is a global logistics company, offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. We particularly focus on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 677 million euros, our partner is one of the largest transport companies in Europe, with offices in 26 countries across Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia, employing around 1700 employees in total.
We have a wide variety of complex data within our company, such as customer data, sensory data from our equipment and data from our business processes. We are in a digital transition: our legacy system is replaced by a self-designed system, running in AWS (OutSystems).
As an OutSystems Software Engineer, you will be the link between IT, project teams and the workplace. You will be working on both the design and the realisation of the OutSystems systems. You will be involved with the execution of the actual development and you’ll collaborate with our software suppliers to realise our Digital Transformation.
Specific responsibilities of the job
- Design Web applications according company needs.
- Develop Software according to requirements.
- Evaluate and define new improvement opportunities.
Ideal character of the candidate
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential.
- You can understand and create software requirements and implement them accordingly.
- In order to handle last minute change of priorities, pressure and tight deadlines, you need to be flexible and effective.
- You are capable of quickly mastering new techniques.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills and you know how to influence, negotiate and present information to engage others and get the job done.
Education and experience
- Computer Science or similar education.
- Proven working experience as a Software Engineer.
- Experience with OutSystems development platform.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Transport/Logistics industry experience is a plus.
Knowledge and skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of Web software development.
- Good knowledge of SQL (MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle SQL, etc.).
- Knowledge of C#, .NET
- Knowledge of Agile / SCRUM process.
- Excellent command in spoken and written English
What are the motivators?
- Greenfield project
- Great team
- Good atmosphere
- Interesting projects
What are the pain points?
- Legacy systems
- Ad-hoc changing business priorities