Our partner is a data led company who builds software to measure, analyse and protect against online digital piracy. An exciting, young and dynamic company, building their own world-class products using cutting edge technologies.
We have over 1000 clients globally from the music, film, TV, software and publishing industries, from international market leaders like Sony and Warners, to independent record labels and authors.
We combine the informal, flexible and friendly atmosphere of an early stage start-up, with the stability and track record of a well-established revenue generating business.
Our core product is an anti-piracy service, built on a high scale data collection engine, scanning millions of web pages every day and analysing them for copyright infringing content.
In recent years our partner has expanded on this core product, with a focus on Big Data analytics of global piracy activity, building software capable of detailing trends and volumes of piracy activity on a global, regional and product-by-product basis.
The company is headquartered in London, and has over 40 employees, with multiple regional sales offices around the world. Our partner established a base in central Cluj-Napoca 4 years ago and now has over 20 employees in that office across its Software Development, QA and operational Services teams.
We’re seeking to hire a Java Developer with excellent all round Java / JEE skills to join our Software Development team in the Romanian office. You’ll join one of our three existing product teams, each of which owns a large part of our product estate. Sprint-by-sprint you’ll add new features, and improve on existing functionality, finding ways to deliver faster by selecting the best technologies and frameworks available.
Our partner's growth with its Enterprise client base requires that we focus on ensuring our solution continues to meet the increasing load and performance demands on the system as we continue to scale. Delivering data processing solutions that work at scale is a common requirement, as is scaling out existing parts of the system.
They’re also constantly innovating and improving our data collection engines, and finding ways to improve our accuracy, and expanding coverage.
The technology is built in-house, architected as a high scale distributed data collection and processing engine running across multiple microservices within the AWS cloud stack (EC2, S3, RDS, ActiveMQ, SQS, Solr/ElasticSearch – and more), using many popular open source Java frameworks.
- Our ideal candidate will have 4+ years of commercial experience of Java development, including experience of working with high scale data processes.
- The successful candidate will be a hardworking problem solver, who can think for themselves, is keen to learn new technologies and has a passion for building high quality
- Excellent communication and team working skills are essential, as is a good level of English.
- This is a varied role, and the successful candidate will become a key part of the company's software development team who will experience all aspects of the software development life-cycle (tech design, coding, testing, bug fixing).
- The ideal candidate will have a broad range of technical experience and will be required to contribute to the design process with innovative technical solutions.
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
- Be part of a team who are passionate about their products, where long-term code quality is highly valued.
- Attractive salary, above market rate.
- Company share scheme
- Private medical insurance.
- Work with the latest technologies, such a Amazon's AWS cloud services, building products that run at high scale, utilising a distributed micro-services architecture.
- Work from home one day per week.
- Discover and master new technologies, as part of a team that's always keen to incorporate new tools, services and frameworks.
- Only 7.5 hours per day.
- Regular team socials.
- Office in central Cluj.
- MySQL (or similar DB)
- Spring (or similar framework)
- Hibernate (or similar framework)
- JMS/SQS/ActiveMQ (or similar messaging service
- Amazon AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Elastic Beanstalk,SQS)
- Spring Boot
- Spring MVC (or similar MVC)
- Spring Data/JPA
- REST APIs
- Atlassian tools (BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence)