Ever thought about joining a Fintech Unicorn? This is a 3-minute read for candidates interested in organizational culture.
The story behind the company
Everything turns digital these days. If online payment seemed niched a few years ago, today we’re slowly but surely starting to forget how paper money looks. You are probably benefiting from the time-saving experience of online payment on a regular basis, so why not be a part of the team who is the brain behind it? Our partner knows how much easier things are for both customers and businesses if a well-tailored online payment experience is provided, this is why it has the mission to solve complex payment problems for businesses and institutions and to empower new opportunities globally and locally.
The company processes billions in payments per year, connecting all the entities involved to make those transactions faster, more secure, less expensive, and more transparent. You will help clients in various domains such as education, healthcare, travel, or technology to deliver their customers’ most important payments and to create a single point of visibility and control for payer engagement and receivables management – from invoicing and payment through reconciliation. Our partner also supports its clients with end-to-end customer support including multilingual servicing via phone, email, and chat, as well as around-the-clock online payment tracking.
The company is headquartered in Boston and has offices in Chicago, London and Manchester, Valencia, Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo, Cluj, and Sydney. We know Cluj and Romania has a great IT talent market and this is why we’re looking for a Senior Full-Stack (strong frontend) Developer to join the team here in Cluj and take part in building complex groups of back-end (web) services and additional infrastructure. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, strong technical design, and building quality products is essential.
Remote is the new normal, we know, we know! But we can’t help but brag a little about the office our partner has here in Cluj, just in case you feel like switching the scene every once in a while. They have a nice villa, modernly designed, with an open space that can foster your creativity and productivity, that has all the assets of harmonious working space. At the moment, the team in Cluj has around 30 members but they are planning to expand not just team-wise, but also business-wise, having their eyes on the trading market. The team is marked by the word “professionalism” as they have very high standards and are meticulous about their choices when it comes to new members so if you want to better your work and improve every day, this will be the context to support your professional and personal development. Yes, they are looking for the best only, they also recognize and appreciate quality, potential, results and they pay accordingly.
We, at Human Direct, always talk about how important it is for candidates to recruit the company they want to work for: get to know the culture, see how you would fit in, what you’ll learn from working with them and what you can give back to others. The culture of our partner is based on pragmatic problem solving, adaptability, openness, teamwork, and humbleness. We know them personally and their professionalism comes hand in hand with them being approachable, and, after all, human, respecting everyone’s time and dedication. They keep us motivated while working for them so we are sure they treat their team the same. They offer you the flexibility you want in regards to your working style and are open to exploring the best solutions with their employees. Even in the recruiting process, you can expect efficient and prompt communication from the managers who like to keep direct contact with their candidates and provide feedback themselves. You can get a sense of their approach right from the technical interview which is holistically thought to assess the candidate. Together with two of the existing members you will build a small project and showcase your technical skills as well as your problem solving and soft skills.
- Technical Design, Coding, and Unit Test of web applications in accordance with business requirements and technical standards
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Designing and Developing reusable components for enterprise-level web applications
- Participation in functional specifications, prototyping, and estimation for web development projects
- Participation in evaluating and prototyping of new technologies, coding practices, or third-party technologies for use in web application
- Work with business teams to clarify requirements and business needs
Minimum skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in creating enterprise-level SPA applications
- 2+ years of experience in backend technologies (preferably Java or Ruby, but others are not excluded either)
- Understanding of large scale, multi-tier web application architectures
- Expertise in object-oriented programming
- Solid database knowledge (SQL and NoSQL)
- Passionate about software/product quality and testing
- Familiarity with continuous integration & delivery
- Working knowledge of enterprise-level Source Control
- Private medical insurance including dental services.
- For paid vacation days we have 22 days, but before the start of each year, we do leverage throughout all our offices across the world so that in 2018 we had 24 paid vacation days and in 2019 we have 26 paid vacation days.
- Office perks at your discretion (breakfast, snacks, fresh fruits, coffee, and drinks).
- Completely flexible work schedule - you can make your own schedule or simply work from home whenever you feel the need
- You will work in a completely new and very cozy office. For hardware, you can choose between the latest models of Mac/Windows laptops based on your preferences.
- Opportunity to travel (after the pandemic is over) - they are a truly global company - 350+ employees all over the globe: Chicago, Boston, London, Valencia, Cluj, Singapore, Shanghai, Tokyo, Sydney
- Last but not least - work with the best. They managed to bring together a group of extremely passionate and senior engineers - each of us has loads of experience behind them and a story to tell.