Our client is looking for passionate Java Developers who care about software excellence. We want people who are mindful of latest technology trends and tools, and have a sharp sense of how to adopt the most appropriate technology to develop solutions that delight our clients.
We champion best engineering practices and love learning new skills, so finding people who have the same mind-set is key to our business model.
Whilst Our Java Developer positions require significant experience and the ability to shape a new client engagement, our flat organisational structure means you'll be someone who is unconcerned with titles and hierarchy. We like to think that you will be evangelical when dealing with our clients and providing sure-fire technical leadership.
- Teamwork: With our "one team" approach you’ll be keen to speak to real customers, understand their requirements and develop awesome solutions.
- Passion for Code: You should have a passion for code, developing from a skill to an art form. Crafting new code is where show us what you are made of.
- Curiosity: The best software engineers are curious creatures. We look for people who are always "trawling the net" looking for newest and best coding practices.
- Discipline: Attention to detail is important, but so is an ability to stay organized.
- Confidence: You are happy to take the opportunity to speak at conferences and get published.
- Attention to Detail: Be obsessive about details, and you’ll be on your way to becoming a coding rock star.
- Leadership: You feel that mentoring, coaching and leading bring their own rewards.
Your Skills / Attributes
- Minimum of 5 years experience in software development
- A solid understanding of software engineering best practices, object oriented design, and design patterns
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Amazon EC2 Container Service (ECS), SES, SQS, ElastiCache, DynamoDB, CloudSearch)
- Ability to build, ship, and run distributed applications using Docker
- Knowledge of micro services and containerisation
- Demonstrated ability to balance scope and quality against time to market in a minimum viable product
- Experience with developing distributed services; common web services protocols (HTTP, REST); XML, XSLT and Xpath
- Experience with automated testing methodologies and frameworks, including JUnit
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a crossfunctional team on business critical projects
- A passion for software development and a commitment to delivering a great user experience
- An insatiable appetite for learning new skills and constantly improving existing ones
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A willingness to travel and work on client sites
Even better stuff you might know
- Working experience in agile practices
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with Git, Gradle, Node.js, Bamboo, Jira
- An understanding of Domain Driven Design (DDD)
- Awareness of the challenges of an event-driven service-oriented architecture
- Knowledge of Continuous Delivery practices and principles.
What we "bring to the table"?
- Competitive salary
- Employee private medical cover
- Life insurance
- Gym subscription
- Pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home policy
- Comprehensive training and development