On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Java Developer in Timisoara.
- You participate in clarifying requirements, designing and implementing Java applications, either desktop, or web on both front-end and back-end sides.
- You contribute to quality improvements, via code reviews and unit-tests, and check the results of your work together with members of the QA team.
- You participate in the development of deployment scripts or tools aiming at reducing the total cost of ownership for the maintained applications.
- You estimate the necessary effort, record the actual effort and communicate with the team leader on any potential issue.
- Computer science university degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in Java development.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts and practices, knowledge of design patterns is a plus.
- Experience with application design, programming architecture and software life-cycle.
- Java Web development experience, including experience with J2SE Servlet Engines like Tomcat, JSP, Servlets, and with source code management tools like SVN, GIT.
- Experience with at least one Java framework (e.g. Spring, Jboss, Struts)
- Experience with at least one known RDBMS (e.g. MySql, Oracle, MSSQL), including working with a DAL framework like Hibernate
- Programming experience with HTML, CSS, Java Script, jQuery, AJAX and JSON.
- You are used to debugging web applications, and you do that with proficiency.
- Experience with web services is a plus.
- Experience with Eclipse RCP/RAP is a plus.
- Fluent in English; German is a plus.
What you can expect
- Challenging tasks and projects.
- Flexible hours.
- Active support of your career within the company.
- A professional and powerful team with flat hierarchies.
- Great social environment where you can work amongst friends.
- Demand-oriented and on-going training.
- Medical insurance plan.
Our client is a European IT consultancy with offices in Germany and Romania. We provide IT services in the areas of development, quality assurance, support and consulting. Its staff of more than 80 highly qualified professionals covers all aspects of state-of-the-art technologies in object oriented and web centered environments.