Our partner has built the leading cloud-based online scheduling, point of sale, and automated marketing suite to power the operations of local service businesses from salons and spas to pet groomers. It's used at over 14,000 locations across the US with sizes ranging from single-location sole proprietors to large chains and franchises.
Their core product, is mission-critical software that our customers use for over 10 hours per day. It’s an all-in-one business solution built around a world-class scheduling platform that can grow revenue by as much as 30% through automated marketing and online distribution. The aim is to disrupt the large, under-served market of 2+ million local businesses who still largely rely on pen, paper, and the telephone to manage and schedule their customers.
What makes our partner unique is that it’s a platform that allows our many third-party partners to integrate our online booking functionality into their own products. For instance, they have exclusive product integrations with Google and Bing (to display real-time appointment availability on search results pages) as well as Facebook (to enable online scheduling from merchants’ Facebook pages) and Uber (to send a car when it’s time to leave for your appointment).
The longer term vision is to become the largest platform in the world for online scheduling and local commerce. The company was founded by a successful serial entrepreneur whose first startup, Redbeacon, won TechCrunch50 in 2009 and was acquired by The Home Depot. They’re venture backed by Upfront Ventures (Mark Suster) and Khosla Ventures (Keith Rabois), and has raised over $12M to turn this vision into a reality. The press is also quite excited about our partner, calling it the Uber local appointment booking (VentureBeat), “a rare breed of app like Uber, Pocket, and Venmo that makes life so much easier (TechCrunch), and “The Amazon of local services” (Forbes).
Our client is looking for a QA Engineer to join their team. This is a full-time position reporting to the VP, Engineering.
The overall responsibility will be to ensure that the web and mobile apps are awesome and high-quality as we keep adding new products and features.
We’re growing fast and need your help to make we continue to deliver the best product on the market. If you have a programming and full stack test background, and the ability and attitude to assume more responsibilities as you grow with us, then this is a great opportunity for you.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- UI testing, black box, functional, automated regression and performance testing
- Build product test strategies, write and execute test plans, file bugs, and communicate with the team about issues, risk, and product quality
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Work with engineering and support to triage inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues
- Expand our end-to-end automated test coverage using Rspec, Protractor, etc.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or similar applied technical field
- 3+ years of experience with manual and automated testing, developing automated tests
- Good understanding of the development processes
- You are methodical and detail oriented, with solid analytical skills and problem solving ability
- You are a good person to work with, get along with others, and are able to work effectively in a team
- You have a dedication to quality and a positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
- You are extremely self-motivated; able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them, without external direction
- Mobile test automation experience a plus (iOS, Android, and mobile web)