Our partner is the largest startup community in the world with millions of members and the world's largest platform for founders. Their hub offers the perfect context for startups to grow by joining incubators and accelerators. They are a fast-growing team and this is a great opportunity for your skills to shine and for you to create something from scratch.
This is a remote job. The company is UK-based and also has offices in Portugal, but you will have the freedom to work from wherever you feel the most creative and motivated. They provide a home office equipment allowance and regular opportunities to visit other team members and company offices. Once a month the team in Romania gathers to share their progress and work on new ideas and solutions. For an effective collaboration being comfortable with communicating is a key aspect. By that, we don’t mean endless Zoom meetings. They are effective communicators oriented towards action and they value everyone’s time. Their platform is highly transactional and so are they. So expect always sticking to the subject in meetings, having a big focus on the now, and getting things done. It’s a collaborative environment with many dedicated and involved professionals who want to achieve the best results.
- Design simple, intuitive web and mobile experiences
- Drive products from ideation to production working with awesome engineers
- Develop new ideas and features with mockups, prototypes and usability testing
- Join a team that loves to collaborate to ensure a design that delivers for users
- Help define product strategy and direction
- Iteratively improve product user experience
- Collaborate in the design process and help the team improve
Our partner knows that working on a product requires a different mindset than outsourcing, this is why they're looking for someone who has worked on a product before (preferably his latest experience), rather than working for an agency or freelancing. You need to have experience in web interfaces not just mobile, as the platform is currently web-based. Your work will be very hands-on and will require you to be independent and autonomous, well-argued in your solutions, analytical, and oriented mostly towards the pragmatic side of your work rather than just the aesthetic of your design. There’s only one other person in the UX department so you will have a lot of creative freedom, which also comes with great responsibility.
If you consider yourself as data design-driven this might be your chance to take ownership over a product and scale it to higher levels. The reason why our partner is looking for someone who has already scaled a product is that they know the process of taking over a product in its incipient form involves making mistakes on the way while owning the journey of learning from them.
- Experience with a product that scaled and gained large amounts of users
- Attention to detail and strong visual design skills
- Collaborative and enjoys working with a strong team
- Experience with modern design tools like Figma, Sketch or Framer
- 2 or more years of experience working for a product company
- Demonstrate past work and reasoning behind design decisions
- This is a remote role that can be done from anywhere. We provide a home office equipment allowance and regular opportunities to visit other team members and company offices in different countries. (Collaboration would be through PFA/SRL)
Our partner has an exceptional team that makes a difference for startups around the world and benefits from flexible work culture, including sailing trips in Greece, free lunches, collaborative team culture and much more!
They're a "pick your own platform" team and they'd love to meet you.