Our partner is a DataTech Start-Up from the UK operating in the financial and professional services sector. They are creating a privacy-preserving, sector agnostic, plug and play, data access and data collaboration platform at a scale that makes it a critical infrastructure. Their mission, through analytics and automation, is to empower people to work smarter and to free-up organisations to create, innovate and thrive.
They recently won the Singapore Fintech Festival MAS Global Hackcelerator.
The company works with major financial regulators and firms and has access to large data sets. There is a strong greenfield element to the role for you to work creatively and with freedom. The team works as a tight unit composed of ex-regulators, lawyers, developers, data scientists and computer science PhDs. You will directly work with clients and the research teams on a range of interesting problems and techniques, including NLP (topic modelling, word embeddings etc.), DLT, Federated Learning and Privacy Enhancement Techniques.
They are now looking to find a hardworking and creative Senior Developer who can contribute to their global success.
- Building and maintaining applications based on microservices to interact with other network components, blockchain and our patent-pending federated learning frameworks.
- You will own, design, test and develop applications to the company's standards, quality and architecture, focusing mainly on TDD, clean code and an evolutionary architecture approach.
- You will be paired with our development leads to contributing, demonstrating and recommending to the company how federated learning will be deployed and scaled inter-and intra-organisations.
- You will bring in the experience of working in Agile environments and also help contribute to the company’s Agile workflows
- You will exude ingenuity, quality and velocity, as well as a willingness to learn new technologies.
- More than 5 years of industry experience with a strong track record of delivering high-quality software within timelines.
- Solid knowledge of fundamentals of Software Engineering such as Data Structures, Algorithms, Design Patterns and TDD.
- Solid experience in the Java ecosystem (Java, Springboot, Micronaut etc.) and working knowledge of Kotlin.
- Designing and building clean REST APIs and microservices.
- Obsessed with quality and operational excellence, manifested through CI/CD pipelines.
- Working knowledge of implementing messaging solutions (e.g. event-driven architectures, CQRS, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Kafka etc.).
- Working knowledge of integrating with cloud hosting providers such as AWS or GCP.
- Working knowledge with NoSQL databases (MongoDB or PostgreSQL) and relational databases.
- Work with minimal supervision and be a team player.
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of functional programming concepts.
- Working knowledge of implementing fault tolerance frameworks such as Hystrix, Resilience4J.
- Demonstrable experience in service virtualisation such as Hoverfly.
- Knowledge of blockchains such as Hyperledger Fabric or Ethereum.
- Sound understanding of secure coding practices - secure flags in headers, XSS/SQL injection prevention techniques, memory volatility issues.
Our partner is building deep tech solutions that combine Distributed Ledger Technologies, Privacy Preservation cryptography and Machine Learning to address real-world problems. They are also focused on building resilient systems with great UX, mainly employing SPA frameworks (such as Angular and Vue) and Pythonic & JVM languages (Java, Kotlin, Groovy) with a keen focus on Microservices architectures, to implement highly scalable business-critical solutions.
Additionally, they fully recognise the need to build cloud-agnostic solutions and they use Kubernetes for managing execution environments, using a variety of cloud hosting providers such as GCP, AWS etc. Their stack is not limited to this however, they strongly encourage the use of different tools and environments provided that they have a demonstrated use case and benefit. You could be working together with their Data Scientists, ML Interface Developers, Backend Engineers and Front End Engineers that own the other components of their stack and operations, including the Product staff in a highly Agile environment with a strong focus on shipping out business-critical features with a high degree of regularity.
The company has a solid investment structure and will be opening offices in Europe and Asia during 2021. They are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and they operate on a “remote work first” basis, offering competitive packages to the right candidates with the option of share schemes as the company grows.