Modern Data Warehousing, Advanced Analytics, and Big Data are pretty hot topics right now. We’re helping our clients ensure they are best placed in the market to offer exceptional value through creative, deployable modern data solutions.
As a data architect we would expect you to have both knowledge and experience of delivering data driven, organizational transformation, utilizing both on premise and cloud data architectures and the various principles and methodologies that support this activity.
• Knowledge of and experience in delivering modern data architecture principles
• Ability to translate business requirements into the detailed design for a data architecture which meets those Business requirements
• Ability to lead the design and build of data architecture either on premise, in the cloud or a hybrid architecture
• Proven expertise in data processing, software engineering and in Data Modelling - including Conceptual, Logical and Physical modelling
• Detailed knowledge of data storage methods and techniques (Data warehousing, Data Lakes, Enterprise Data Hubs, Data Virtualization) and the practical application of those to meet Business requirements
• Strong knowledge of data modelling techniques such as Kimball methodologies, data marts, data cubes, star schemas
• Strong knowledge of data modelling tools
• Previous experience of defining conceptual, logical and physical data models to model complex data domains
• Experience in creating and configuring multidimensional and tabular models within different data storage technologies including cloud technologies
• Strong SQL experience
• Strong knowledge of Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory and Azure SQL Database
• Knowledge and experience of data orchestration mechanisms and principles
• Experience of implementing enterprise service bus detailed design and the associated publish and subscribe event and messaging applications and technologies (Azure Service Bus, Mule ESB, Talend, Apache, Tibco)
• Experience in application/ system architecture, building/ running distributed/ scalable solutions on the Azure platform. Knowledge of the Cloud Stack (Iaas/ Paas/Saas).
• reviewing and understanding our clients’ existing cloud security measures and processes, and advising on best practice.
• Ensure appropriate tooling, automation and operational processes/ models are in place, providing full support to the client during their journey to cloud
• Senior stakeholder management and interpersonal skills with business/ technical focused stakeholders.
• Experience of and capability to discuss client needs for both project delivery and proposal work – translating these into solutions and executing the project.
• Demonstrated ability or experience of building and maintaining client relationships.
• Awareness of industry standards, regulations, and their impacts and how to apply those through effective architecture design
• Evidence of delivering end to end data architecture design and implementation across a range of clients and projects
• Experienced delivering end to end data architecture across multiple clients
• A high level of drive with the ability to work to tight deadlines
• Experience of providing insightful solutions throughout the business
• Project Management skills – experience of delivering projects across the lifecycle from end to end.
• Experience of leading people and teams on projects
• The ability to participate effectively in meetings with senior stakeholders
• A team player who supports, encourages and shares knowledge with others
• A self-starter with the ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision
• A track record of accurate output and responsibility for elements of project delivery
• The ability to work as part of an integrated team or on an individual basis
• Demonstrated experience of building internal capability and leading propositions and taking new ideas to market
• An understanding of the consulting sales process and how to support these activities