Our partner is the leading independent public WiFi provider in Europe. With 45.000 WiFi access points, our partner runs Europe's largest public WiFi network. They offer customized solutions in over 30 countries worldwide for target groups in fields such as food service, retail, hospitality and healthcare as well as complete city concepts.
What you will do
- For the support of our servers we are looking for a Linux system administrator to support our existing team.
- You operate and administer the Dedicated Server infrastructure and our virtualization platforms (XenServer, XCP-NG).
- You are responsible for the operation of the LINUX platform and their change management with manager.
- You are responsible for the further development and optimization of our server platforms.
- You will conduct performance analysis and optimization of the systems and be responsible for maintenance work.
- You analyze, document and solve technical problems and strengthen our on-call service.
- You are a competent technical contact person for other departments, such as Network Edge Operations, Project and Product Management.
What we wish
- A degree in computer science, an equivalent education or several years of professional experience in the field of Linux system administration.
- You have good knowledge of current x86 hardware platforms and technologies.
- You know and are proficient in virtualization solutions on Linux, ideally XenServer (XCP-NG) or VMWare and have basic knowledge of different Linux distributions (including Debian, CentOS) and database management systems (SQL).
- You have experience in system administration and support of complex, heterogeneous systems.
- You have knowledge in Java, JBoss, NGinx, Radius and in the operation and maintenance of DHCP and DNS.
- Knowledge in networking and (script-) programming (e.g. Perl, Python, Bash) complete your professional profile.
- You are characterized by a structured and independent way of working and a goal-oriented and professional approach to new tasks and problems.
- You are a team player, service and customer-oriented, have a good analytical mindset and a quick perception.