Solutions of the Metrology Functional Group are implemented in software by the Metrology Software Department. Your role is to design high-quality software, allowing fast and efficient delivery of complex metrology functions.
- Collaborate with other Software Design Engineers to design and implement features;
- Quickly produce well-organized, optimized and documented source code in Python;
- Create and document software tools required by architects or other developers;
- Debug existing source code and polish feature sets;
- Contribute to technical design documentation;
- Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Software Engineering (object-oriented design);
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary setting;
- A proven track-record in Python (not scripting, but implementing production code);
- Work experience with C/C++ and Linux;
- You have a good understanding of mathematical and physical concepts and translating them to clean software designs;
- Experience with software architecture / modular architecture and a general understanding of how software concepts map to machine behaviour;
- Experience with software design patterns, Gmock / Gtest and code versioning (Git / SVN);
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies;
- Requirements engineering;
- Experience with maintenance of large codebases