Our partner, a leading data security company, specializes in Data Loss Prevention Software. The company’s mission is to enable businesses and end-users around the world to take full advantage of the performance benefits of working-from-home, mobility, portability, and communications solutions, without compromising security. To achieve this, they develop solutions that prevent data loss on the ever-increasing number of devices, endpoints, and mobile devices accessing and storing sensitive data. The company solutions help organizations around the world meet industry rules and regulations like HIPAA, PCI DSS, FISMA, GDPR, and CCPA. They now proudly protect over 11 million users worldwide.
As part of the partner's team, you will have the chance to work on an industry-leading cybersecurity product, recognized with multiple awards. The company is based in Cluj Napoca, Romania with offices in the USA and Germany.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in several initiatives that will help you chart a successful career, and meet inspirational people dedicated to sharing their knowledge with the team.
About the role:
The QA Engineer role plays an important part in their company’s product development process. You will be working with the Engineering, Product, Support teams and Customer success to identify high-impact bugs and work on fixing these bugs and find ways to prevent them in the future through automation.
In your role, you will be designing and implementing automated tests for new features as well as regression tests. For this role they need a person with an active voice about test automation, fostering the automation mindset across the company.
If you are passionate about testing and you enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, they would like to meet you.
- Execute automated and manual test plans against business requirements, and verify applications
- Understand all system requirements and proactively find solutions to problems, communicate the impact of proposed changes, define QA scope, and create test plans
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities Identify record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Acting as customer advocate; providing risk analysis for the product and ensure that all issues were addressed prior to product delivery;
- Quickly identify bugs or issues, communicate them to developers, and assist in tracking down their cause
- Assist in defining our QA methodology and processes
- Continuously work on implementing process improvements and contribute to creating our in-house automation testing framework
- Create new automated scripts and other methods to prevent bugs before and during deployment
- Consistently meet project deadlines
- Work with the project team to sequence testing activity and deploy code to production
- BA degree, in Computer Science preferred
- 5 years in a similar role
- 2+ years experience working with automated testing frameworks (ex. Selenium)
- 3+ years of enterprise-level experience is a strong plus
- Experience with virtual environments (Azure, AWS, Vmware or Xen Server)
- Good understanding of testing concepts, methodologies and processes
- Experience in working with test case management tools/bug tracking tools (JIRA)
- Experience testing APIs and creating API test plans (e.g. Postman)
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Good command under different Operating systems (Windows, Mac OX X, Linux)
- Scripting (Python, Perl, Bash, PHP etc) is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Good English skills, both verbal and written
- Self-managed, quick learner, passionate about testing and oriented towards details
- Ability to write and execute test plans from specifications or verbal communications
- Good analytical skills/problem solver