We’re building an app that will help users track and improve how they spend all of their time, 24 hrs/day,168 hrs/week. Anxiety is peaking globally according to the CDC, causing what’s being referred to as a “burnout generation”. We will fight this by helping users establish a time management habit with the best practices in the world. Our product will automate away the busy work with integrations, predictions based on machine learning algorithms, and a world class multi-device application that delights our users. With true mindfulness on where the time goes, we’ll guide our users to understand what kind of balance in life truly makes them happy, and give them a system for achieving their goals.
Our partner is looking for an exceptional Front-end Engineer to help build a world class multi-device application. You will report directly to the CTO, collaborating on the foundation of a beautiful, snappy application that will delight users. This role will start out as an individual contributor, and will naturally lead to management opportunities over time, if desired. We have fewer than 10 employees, and we’re deliberate about support methodologies so you can focus on building more than customer support.
If you are highly autonomous, capable of collaborating well with others, and passionate about simplifying how people work, we’d love to speak with you!
What you’ll be doing
- Spec, write, test, and deploy code that covers every aspect of the frontend.
- Brainstorm features with product managers and designers to guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase. We eat our own dogfood, you’ll be an expert in the product!
- Finishing the launch of our MVP while establishing the frontend development cycle.
- Past our core mobile app, you’ll get to develop a multi-device architecture including desktop web,
- desktop native, wearable, and natural language interfaces.
- This is a 1-year full-time contract, starting with a 1-month part-time working trial.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Comfortable interacting with REST
- Experience designing & implementing user interfaces, ideally including SVGs (current UI core)
- Experience managing source code, interacting w/ repos, performing local deploys
- Comfortable with basic BI packages like d3js, or Google Charts
- Familiar with Figma, Sketch, and Invision deliveries
- Fluent English speaker