Our partner is working to make the world of industrial operations a better place! They are a Munich-based company that combines smart sensors and AI-based data analytics to help railway companies switch to predictive maintenance. Their end-to-end solution helps clients continuously monitor their infrastructure, identify maintenance needs ahead of time, and improve operational efficiency. Do you want to join the team and help them take IoT where it really makes a difference? Do you love to take ownership and go the extra mile to ensure our customers’ success? Are you ready to work in an environment that believes in open feedback, constant growth, and a strong team culture? If so, it might be the place for you!
As a 3rd Level Support Engineer, you help build, expand and run a complex predictive analytics platform that is already changing the way large companies in the railway industry manage their assets. Part of what makes a good 3rd Level Support Engineer is the foresight to anticipate and address potential issues before they become problems. This takes good organizational skills and keen attention to detail. You will work in the Operations department with a diverse team of talented people in the fields of system operations, distributed systems, data ingestion, and processing.
● You setup & operate the system for new and existing clients worldwide with a focus on the application part
● You own support activities for these services and improve service operations, working closely with your colleagues in DevOps and Development
● You understand the architecture of the operated IoT services in order to troubleshoot issues and regularly work with architects & development teams to define and implement the next-generation architecture
● You help develop and refine operational policies and procedures used by your team and internal customers
● You automate existing and new operational processes
Required Skills and Experience
● 3+ years of hands-on coding and software development experience
● Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that is extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
● Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
● Experience with Linux/Unix and scripting languages like Python, Perl, shell scripting, etc.