We are helping to make cities better places to live, work and visit, by enabling seamless, frictionless journeys on public transport systems. We are a technology company, developing a SaaS-based fare collection and ticketing platform that allows commuters to buy and present tickets for public transport on their mobile phones or simply by tapping a bank card to travel. With deployments to over 60 transit agencies across 4 continents, our team has been delivering innovation to millions of riders of public transportation for over ten years.
Proving ourselves as true innovators and category leaders, we launched a ticketing SDK - a first for public transit - allowing urban mobility providers like ride-hailing (Uber), journey planners (Transit), and bike and ride-sharing services, to integrate our market-leading ticketing platform into their applications, connecting services together for a seamless user experience. Current customers of our SDK include Uber, Transit (NA), Jorudan (Japan) and Kisio/Keolis (France).
Come join us on this exciting ride as we build the transit technology ecosystem of tomorrow.
The Engineering Team
We believe making great products should be enjoyable and rewarding. Our teams are self organising – most use scrum, kanban or a hybrid approach that gives them the best chance to meet their collective goals. Each team has specialists in dev, test, (sometimes hardware too) and deployment who work together to create fantastic business outcomes for our customers.
We have hack days 6 times a year, with small yet perfectly formed prizes, but mostly we do it for fun, to learn, and to prototype cool ideas that might help our customers.
Of course we have deadlines, but we love what we do and we celebrate our success regularly.
You will have solid core Java and object-oriented skills, and experience of implementing high-quality high-performance software. Some exposure to any of Kotlin, AWS and large scale operation would be a bonus, but equally valuable is being open to learning about some or all of these. You should also be the kind of developer that challenges the status quo and will be active in evolving our stack.
There are two projects that you can join on, depending on what appeals to you most:
- Java 11 / Kotlin
- DropWizard / Spring Boot / Spring / Guice
- MySQL/ RDS / DynamoDB / Hibernate
- REST / SOAP / Jersey
- Git / Bamboo / Gradle / Maven / Artifactory
- Amazon tech (EC2, S3, SQS, Kinesis, etc)
- JUnit / WireMock / Gatling
- Puppet managed, PCI-DSS certified platform infrastructure (AWS)
- Fully cloud-hosted platform with Infrastructure as a Code tooling
- Java 11+ / Kotlin / Spring / JUnit / Gatling / Hibernate / MySQL
- AWS services including Lambda, SQS, S3, CloudFormation, RDS, EC2
- Prometheus / Grafana
- Git / Bamboo / Gradle / Maven / Artifactory / Puppet / Docker
- Fully cloud hosted, Puppet managed, PCI-DSS certified platform infrastructure
Some of our benefits
- Brand new office in United Business Center Riviera
- Premium medical care via Medicover
- VPN, enabling high flexibility
- Flexibility to work from home whenever you need to
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, striving to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Whoever you are, just be yourself.