Our partner is an award-winning mobile games publisher based in Karlsruhe, Germany. Committed to working with world-class mobile game developers to create awesome free-to-play games for mobile devices, they’re best known for Zombie Gunship Survival, Nonstop Chuck Norris, Nonstop Knight and the Royal Revolt series.
They enable mobile game studios to create award-winning games throughout the world. Their commitment to operating awesome free-to-play games for mobile devices allows them to work with world-class mobile game studios from around the world.
What you will really be doing
- Working as part of the product team, taking creative responsibility for multiple mobile and web game projects, creating game design documents, diagrams and flowcharts.
- Defining the game vision and high-level feature set in close collaboration with the development team and keep refining them as needed throughout the development process.
- Setting design goals for specific features and working on their high-level, concept design together with the product team.
- Designing compelling game mechanics using modern mobile design principles.
- Creating, balancing and tuning game mechanics, game difficulty and UI flow.
- Re-skinning a AAA title, creating levels and additional content using Unity.
- Evolving and adapting game designs based on play testing, feedback and live metrics.
- Driving long term player engagement by understanding mobile & web player needs and motivations.
- Proven expertise within the general systems or user experience game design areas
How you will be doing this
- You’ll be part of an agile, multidisciplinary and creative team and work closely with them to make our games as fun as they can be.
- You'll think creatively and be motivated by challenges and constantly striving for the best.
- You’ll work with cutting edge technology, if you need software or hardware to get the job done efficiently, you can get it
Skills and requirements
- A minimum of 3-years experience in a game design role with at least one published game.
- Experience creating casual and/or mobile games.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of mobile free-to-play game monetization and advertising techniques.
- Ability to work creatively in a demanding team environment.
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games, especially mobile games.
- Strong creative ideas and imagination, able to entertain players with challenges, humour, surprises and fun.
- Positive attitude, self driven able to work alone or as part of a team.