Our partner's product is a next-generation data intelligence solution delivering cost-effective, machine learning powered, Business Intelligence as a Service.
Their vision is to simply create an easy to use but automatic insights platform utilising machine learning with Smart Alerting. They are committed to providing automatic insight through anomaly detection and deep learning, while providing for an open and collaborative platform.
We're looking for an experienced, talented, and highly-motivated Engineering Manager to join our team. You will lead the team of developers, take full responsibility for maintaining and improving the quality of the codebase through mentoring, code-reviews and architectural discussions
You should be an excellent communicator and listener e.g. creating detailed design specs for engineers or helping unblock them.
You will work with our CTO to plan and deliver against our roadmap and to create and maintain a scalable architecture.
What you'll do:
- Passion for Building and working with a strong team of engineers
- Comfortable with contribution to the hands on aspect
- Proven track record of delivering complex platforms
- The ability to use technology to solve complex domain problems
- 5 years of professional development experience
- 3 years of management experience
- Proficient in Java and SQL, knowledge of Python is a plus.
- A wealth of knowledge across multiple technologies
- Highly analytical and a keen eye for details
- Data driven/quantitive approach for decision making and measuring impact
- Believes in coaching engineers to achieve their full potential
- Excels under pressure in a fast paced startup
- Overseeing a broad set of company deliverables and the ability to wear multiple hats as required in a startup
- Previous experience with Big Data and ML based projects would be a plus.