We are looking for an Intermediate Java Developer for a small company in Cluj, Romania. You will be in charge of implementing web and desktop applications using the following technologies: Java 11, Spring, ORM, Eclipse RCP, RESTful APIs, ElasticSearch, GWT and GWT-Polymer.
The project involves the development of a Resource Management System in logistics, serving the largest train companies in Switzerland and Sweden.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications;
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable Java code;
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of the applications;
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to these problems;
- Deploy and install developed applications using Maven;
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization.
- Experience with Java 11, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems;
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming;
- Strong Core Java, micro-services and J2EE knowledge, including multi-threaded application development;
- Experience with Spring and ORM technologies (Hibernate, JPA,) is a must;
- Strong Java development, Eclipse plug-in development, SWT knowledge and Eclipse RCP (Rich Client Platform) development;
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC and RESTful;
- Experience with web technologies such as GWT, GWT-Polymer;
- Big data experience with ElasticSearch (ELK technology);
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git;
- Familiarity with build tools such as Maven, Gradle or Docker;
- Implementing automated testing platforms and Unit tests;
- Familiarity with Continuous integration;
- Knack for writing clean, readable Java code;
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to multitask and work under pressure to meet deadlines.