Every day we look to tackle highly interesting and challenging problems that can help people better live their lives free from fraud, corruption, money laundering and terrorist financing. We have developed modern, web-based applications that allow our growing list of international clients to detect, and ultimately prevent, illegal financial activities. We reduce crime and criminal activity through the creative use of technology & design and disrupt the compliance industry while doing so.
After securing our Series B investment round of $30 mln led by Index Ventures and tripling our revenue year-on-year, we’re growing fast and are looking for the best people to join us.
Fresh Thinkers - We’re big thinking, boundary breakers, providing innovative solutions not corporate fixes.
Problem Solvers - We’re constantly curious and instinctively clever, always striving to be faster and better.
People People - We’re the human side of risk and compliance, we care about the people behind the screens.
We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to help us build our SaaS-based anti-money laundering solutions. We are building solutions that help reveal the truth for a safer world and stop money ending up in the hands of terrorists.
How? By bringing together smart technology, data and people into a single solution. We are building tools that fight financial crime today to prevent a riskier tomorrow.
We are looking for an expert engineer to join our AML Screening and Monitoring team. You’ll have experience developing systems at scale and handling large volumes of data.
- Responsible for working with the engineering and product teams to design, implement and support features and components for our screening platform.
- Responsible in developing various REST framework services handling large volumes of data
- You will iterate over the existing codebase to enhance with new components or refactor into discrete sub-components/services in order to address some of the enterprise grade requirements
- You will work with databases at scale and provide solutions as appropriate
- Effectively communicate the relevant updates and queries with other stakeholders (designers, delivery and product team and other development teams)
- Understand, extend and modify complex logic with many technical dependencies and consequences
- You will be a strong believer in DevOps and are comfortable with getting into the details of infrastructure and deployment
- You will own your code - you build it, you ship it, you run it - and you will be a champion of this throughout the team or teams you work with
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to more junior engineers and help them to become as good as you are
What does success look like after 6 months?
- You will have a clear overview of the screening platform codebase and components that your squad will be working on
- You have a good understanding of the product business and technical roadmap and the initiatives around making screening platform an enterprise grade solution and technical implications around these
- You have helped refactor and migrate existing complex application to better defined services and components
- You have made several high-quality, tested contributions to the code-base that are in use by clients on production environments
- You have supervised other team members and provided them with the support and coaching for them to grow
We’re looking for a smart and motivated individual that takes pride in their work and contributes to an informal working environment. You will be confident in your ability to deliver on the points covered above, taking into account the following:
- Extensive knowledge of data structures, algorithms, complexity and optimisation strategies
- Whilst this position will require you to work in Python, previous experience is not required - if you're a strong developer in Java, C++, C# or .NET and are willing to switch languages, then we'd love to hear from you
- Experience with MongoDB, ElasticSearch or some other distributed data storage system
- Exposure to designing enterprise grade applications
- Experience working with cloud based systems and ideally be familiar with cloud technologies and containers
- Strong understanding of code development principles and practices, including source control, code reviews, testing, etc.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to a team (2-5 people), mentor and coach them in skills development
- Most likely minimum degree-level education in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant
We’re a rapidly growing team of engineers, data scientists, testers, designers, researchers, and technology enthusiasts, passionate about using technology to reduce financial crime
The team values include:
- Continuous improvement - try new things, take risks, embrace failure!
- Whatever it takes - we compete as a team, and win (or lose) as a team.
- Results driven - focus on the goals, and be hungry to win.
- Work together effectively - be respectful, socially inclusive and friendly. Decision making should be inclusive.
Benefits of working at us include:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Generous annual leave arrangements
- Private health insurance
- Meal tickets
- Share options scheme