Our partner is one of Ireland’s largest software development organisations and the company has been operating successfully in Cork city for the last 20 years. They have recently established a company in Cluj-Napoca and intends to grow it’s presence with talented software professionals that will collaborate closely with the development teams in Cork.
We are seeking an experienced Oracle developer for a contract position at our development office in Cluj. This will be a technically challenging position, working on a major n-tier enterprise application to a tight deadline. This role will require constant interaction with other developers in the team, the SCM function, and project management to develop a robust, scalable, and performant system. The successful candidate for the role will have a minimum of 5+ year’s commercial experience in Oracle technologies.
- Requirements analysis & Application Design
- Providing accurate estimates and timings to project managers
- Delivery of application developments using standard Oracle development methodologies
- Cooperating on design and development with other developers within a team
- Adhering to applicable design, development, test and Q/A procedures
- Bug Fixing and Enhancement Implementation
- Communication of designs to management and developers
- Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
- 5+ years commercial development and support experience in at least Oracle 10g or 11g based applications, and experience in Oracle12c is highly desirable
- Strong scripting skills (SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting, Windows PowerShell)
- Ability to write performant SQL and PL/SQL essential
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials 11i (AR/AP/GL), Oracle Forms and Reports 10g, Java, PReS (Document composition language), IBM WebSphere Data Interchange would be an advantage.
- Experience of Tools such as SQL*PLUS, TOAD, SQL Developer, SQL*LOADER, Redwood Explorer, Control-M
- Familiar with version control tools, such as Git/Bitbucket/Subversion, and JIRA
- Third level IT or related qualification
- Articulate, confident, self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Innovative problem solver
- Please note this is a daily rate contract role. Candidates who apply must hold a Stamp 4 visa or EU Citizenship in advance of application for this role. 8 West Consulting do not provide sponsorship for this role