Our partner, a subsidiary of CCC specialized in enterprise content management and publishing solutions, is seeking talented people who are looking to work as part of a successful organization.
They are not a typical company, visit their brand-new office for a cup of tea or coffee and convince yourself.
Our partner is looking for individuals with a proven track record as a technical lead on the development of business critical applications to defined timescales. The role offers great scope to learn new technologies and provides the opportunity to work with renowned organization.
The Manager of IT systems is responsible for daily operations of the infrastructure systems, database and network administration teams in Cluj. This position will have managerial responsibilities for the teams including recommendations on performance reviews, career development, core responsibilities and training. The IT systems team has operational controls of all environments, including production, with a goal to meet stability, scalability, and performance metrics SLAs. The Manager of this team will mentor, teach, and have oversight to ensure that the operational model conforms to compliance standards of the business.
Primary Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Manage Cluj IT Operations teams on site for Corporate and SaaS Systems.
- Team member of a 7x24 IT Operations team that includes supporting a global infrastructure.
- Ability to lead teams in root cause analysis and provide leadership on incident and resolution management.
- Staff resource allocation for Plan, Build, and Operate in a compliance environment.
- Manage the life-cycle for review, documentation, and approval of environment builds using a SAFE Kanban agile framework.
- Ensure team are compliant with change management protocols.
- Capacity planning, tracking and reporting.
- Inventory tracking, upgrade management, and patching coordination responsibilities.
- Process definition, management, execution, and measurement.
- Infrastructure administration, monitoring, service, and vendor management.
- Responsible for system up-time and availability which includes on-call support including nights and weekends. Organizing support during Cluj operation hours.
- Responsible for personal performance management including, but not limited to, providing direction, assignments, regular feedback, weekly status updates on teams work and performance towards assigned goal, formal performance evaluations and employee development in concert with US teams.
- Responsible for bridging cultural communication and streamlining processes.
- May be accountable for other results and activities as assigned.
- Nimble learning – Actively learning through experimentation when tracking new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Demonstrates self-awareness – Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Manages complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Plans and aligns – Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Global perspective – Taking a broad view when approaching issues using a global lense
- Directs work – Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done
Education / Licenses / Certifications:
- Education: Bachelors Degree
- Type of Degree: Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Name of Licenses/Certifications: Industry certifications for Linux, UNIX, Microsoft, SANS, or Cisco a plus
- Direct Experience: 4-6 years
- Management Experience: 2-4 years
- Linux (preferably Red Hat/CentOS) or Microsoft (including Active Directory) server operating systems, specifically senior systems administrator skill level.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or another major Cloud vendor.
- Experience with security issues and defenses including vulnerability management.
- Backup and recovery administration and strategy.
- Networking technology experience including load balancers.
- Internet technologies including HTTP, SSL, LDAP, SMTP, and DNS.
- Cloud operational experience with DevOps and orchestration.
- Administering or assisting in the administration of a Java based web site using Apache, Tomcat, and Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL.
- Linux (preferably Red Hat/CentOS) server administration including installation, configuration, performance tuning, and security.
- Installing, configuring, and managing multi-platform virtualization technologies such as VMWare.
- Installing and configuring O/S level clustering solutions.
- Business Continuity (Disaster Recovery) strategic planning and ongoing plan maintenance.
We can offer:
- A very motivating salary;
- Extensive private medical insurance (not a discount subscription to a particular clinic);
- Sport benefits;
- Additional paid vacation days for previous seniority and also for seniority in our company;
- Work on exciting and varied projects, with the latest technologies;
- Lots of professional challenges in a friendly and informal environment.
Still here? Fantastic! Apply & come meet us.