Our partner is a market leader recognized for delivering solutions that support our customer in their journey into Digital Transformation. We pioneered WAN Optimization with SteelHead and have led the market we created for all of the past 12 years. Today, we have over 28,000 customers, including 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global 100. With our Application Performance Platform, we provide integrated solutions for the interrelated challenges of hybrid enterprises in the cloud era. Our solutions for SD-WAN, for visibility across the hybrid enterprise, and for software-defining the edge enable companies to deploy and manage network services, applications, monitoring capabilities, and branch IT as intuitively as downloading apps onto your smart phone and as instantly as spinning up compute and storage resources into a public cloud.
Our partner is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for the SteelConnect product. You’ll be a member of SteelConnect's Engineering team in Cluj-Napoca, helping to drive innovative and creative solutions for this strategically important offering to our SMB and Enterprise customers. You will be joining a talented team of industry experts and skilled developers. Here you will be encouraged to use your imagination. You will be guided by our core values and you will be supported by some of the best minds in tech.
- Be a leader and grow and maintain a team of top-tier software engineers.
- Coach and develop leadership skills of direct reports.
- Help your team develop and mentor junior engineers.
- Be an influencer and contributor across our entire technology team.
- Strive to maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping features in the committed time frame.
- Own and lead development of high-impact parts of the SteelConnect Manager.
- Wear different hats as an Engineer (Dev, Tester, DevOps) to help the entire team succeed.
- Improve code quality through regular code reviews and possess a passion for continuously improving the quality of your team’s engineering practices.
- Split your time between 60% managing the team and 40% hands-on coding.
- Provide highly responsive, world-class support to our enterprise customers if the critical account situation demands engineering help.
- Explore and investigate ways to integrate with other products within all business units within the company.
- 8+ years of engineering experience.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience.
- Experience in architecture design of high availability, high-scalability web applications, testing, deployment, and monitoring.
- Track record of execution and delivery, ability to accomplish goals, and meet commitments.
- Comfortable working at all tiers of modern cloud web applications, from the front end to the database.
- Solid knowledge of Java Pune Spring / Spring Boot.
- Expertise in modern web technologies like Angular, Node, and React is a plus.
- Experience working with enterprise databases.
- Experience with SCRUM, Kanban, or SAFE.
- Understand full-stack modern web development process, frameworks, and tools.
- Networking knowledge is a plus.
- Understand the role of UX.
- Fluent in English.