Our partner is one of Ireland’s largest software development organisations and the company has been operating successfully in Cork city for the last 20 years. They have recently established a company in Cluj-Napoca and intends to grow it’s presence with talented software professionals that will collaborate closely with the development teams in Cork.
We are seeking an experienced QA/Test Engineer to join our QA Team. The role is based on-site in Cork servicing the needs of our client.The role will report to the Software Project Manager.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases to solve technical challenges and shorten the test cycle through automation.
- Add to our company’s testing efforts and improve the test frameworks, tools and technologies
- Contribute and evolve high quality test solutions for functional, regression and performance testing
- Develop an understanding of client business terminology practice and procedures within a reasonable timeframe.
- Provide input as per best practice (estimating, designing, developing and executing test procedures and test cases).
- Manage priorities and set expectations when faced with multiple demanding tasks.
- You may be required to perform additional duties, not listed above, to support the testing function into the future.
- Work closely with the Development team on a daily basis.
- Liaise with Business Analysts/Business Users if requirements are unclear.
- Execute Test plans and Regression Test plans within agreed timescales and standards.
- Test complex areas of application(s) and use business knowledge to determine if functionality is correct.
- Investigate and document defects in a defect-tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all defects.
- Clearly articulate and communicate testing status, and red/yellow flags, which might interfere with the achievement of QA milestones.
- Adhere to and promote internal information security policies and procedures
- Proven track record using Industry Standard Test Automation Tools, Visual Studio Team System (Test Edition), Selenium (WebDriver) or similar tools.
- Experience of structured testing methods and techniques.
- Working knowledge.Net advantageous.
- Strong testing background expected with experience writing test plans and test procedures.
- Experience in the use of Defect Tracking tools like Microsoft TFS, HP ALM or Jira.
- Experience testing business / enterprise applications.
- Working knowledge of SQL.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of team.
- Ability to learn new business areas quickly.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Desire to develop your own knowledge by keeping abreast of testing tools and techniques, attending workshops and reviewing technical publications.