BigBrother is an ambitious, innovative, fast growing Dutch organization with offices in The Nederlands, Belgium and an Alarm Center in Romania. They develop and create user-friendly security solutions for the Petroland Retail sectors.
BigBrother works structurally with international oil companies and renowned Retail organizations. They not only provide Retail organizations and service stations with a grip on their primary processes by protecting and visualizing all risk-sensitive products and activities, but also play an important role in accelerating the primary processes of their customers. A good example of this is the development together with My-Order®: mobile payment of fuel by means of license plate recognition, a fusion of technologies with the aim of achieving the simplest possible way of refueling. With the technological innovations developed by our partner, the customer gains more insight into his operations, enabling him to make decisions with impact.
As a senior full-stack developer you will act as a mentor of the Cluj R&D team. Together with the international team in The Netherlands you develop innovative and advanced video surveillance, access control, monitoring and other security solutions. Within the team you will lead by example and have a large impact on the products, from architecture and concepts to the (end)solutions. We expect you to provide your own input in terms of innovation and integration of new methods and techniques, in order to ensure that we stay ahead of the competition. You work in a team of specialists that highly value own initiative, teamwork and good communicative values. Professionalism, flexibility and quality are self-evident.
Your Tasks And Responsibilities Include:
- Mentoring the Cluj team and new developers;
- The development of small and large applications or products;
- Performing a key role in the development of new or already existing products;
- Brainstorming with the involved parties (colleagues/customers);
- Working with your colleagues to develop new ideas into a working product: not only implementing, but also devising concepts, designing and building a well-functioning product.
What Do We Expect From You?
- A completed university degree in (Technical) Informatics, Electrical Engineering or a similar intellectual and professional level acquired through work experience;
- Responsive & object-oriented design + relational database design;
- Knowledge of Python;
- Experience in video streaming and agile work methods are preferred;
- At least multiple years of experience in mentoring is key;
- You are a team player with an innovative mindset;
- Full working proficiency in English.
What Do We Offer You?
We offer you a job with a large scope and freedom, working for an internationally leading player in the field of innovative and state of the art solutions regarding security, access control and monitoring.
You will become part of young, dynamic, and stable organization that is growing fast. You will work in an innovative environment and use the latest techniques. We offer extensive education and training that allows you to develop and also offer the possibility to grow within our organization. You can expect a competitive salary and good secondary employment conditions.
You will be based in our R&D center in Cluj-Napoca, Romania and will be part of an international team. In the first six weeks of your employment you will be trained in The Netherlands by your colleagues there. After that period you can expect to travel to The Netherlands quarterly. The international team will also be frequently present in Cluj.