Our partner is a global solutions provider focused on healthcare ICT and mobile workflow solutions. Their vision is to close digital information gaps allowing for the best possible decisions – anytime and anywhere.
The position provides overall leadership for the global roll out project, oversees selection and implementation of the applications and/or services or upgrades to existing on-premises applications, and drives continuous improvement to business processes and business results. The position is also responsible in coordinating maintenance and enhancement efforts to leverage enterprise resources, knowledge and best practices.
This position ensures the successful “build up” of the post implementation support organization (ERP competence center) and to all employees affected by the implementation. The position works closely with business and technical leadership, serving as an expert resource, bringing forth opportunities to leverage ERP initiatives to better the business and influence decisions regarding business process changes.
The relative importance or seniority of this position is based on the strategic impact of the ERP initiative on the business, the scope of the implementation, and the complexity of the rollout. Some of the oversight functions of this position move to the support organization (ERP competence center) at the end of implementation (e.g., help desk, knowledge management, business consulting and training).
- This is a position of influence, negotiation and expectation management:
- Maintains complete autonomy for the management of the ERP initiative to meet the needs of the business, as outlined in the ERP business case/cause and articulated by the ERP steering committee
- Coaches and mentors staff and managers under direct report
- Manages highly complex business issues arising from the implementation of new processes or functions
- Maintains and controls the ERP project/operations budget, schedule and resources
- Responsible for ERP operations and projects, including planning, resource allocation, steering committee leadership and team organizational structure management
- Responsible for project communications
- Manages project scope, risk and issue resolution
- Responsible for quality of project deliverables
- Manages integration of solution(s) into enterprise technical architecture and business environment
- Responsible for managing relationship with consultant project manager
- Responsible for ensuring that the project can deliver the benefits outlined in the business case, and that it meets the reasonable expectations of end users
- May be responsible for procurement of package-related hardware, software and services
- Line of business (LOB) managers for business users affected by the project
- IT line managers for all IT associates involved in the selection, design, implementation, rollout and/or update of the ERP/business application
- Business stakeholders/ERP steering committee
- Heads of governance bodies needed to make the necessary decisions
- Support leader
- Hardware, software and service vendors
Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field; or equivalent work experience.
5 to 10 years of IT and business/industry work.
At least one successful ERP project (e.g., an ERP project that realized its anticipated business benefits and was delivered in a timely manner within budgetary boundaries) utilizing the same software (vendor and version, if possible) that is being implemented in the same or similar industry sector. Experience on unsuccessful projects should not be a disqualification, provided the candidate can clearly explain why the project failed and the lessons he or she learned from the experience.
Three to five years of leadership responsibility managing midsize to large teams and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
Certification from recognized authority preferred (e.g., project management professional [PMP] certification from the Project Management Institute [PMI]) for international projects or global rollouts, and experience in leading internationally distributed teams.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak to technical-level staff and summarize communications for executive consumption.
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated track record.
- Excellent management and team-building skills.
- Utilizes project management software tools such as MS Project to effectively manage, monitor and control project activities.
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between business requirements and technical design and implementation.
- Business application life cycle management.
- System development life cycle management.
- Budget planning and management.
- Working knowledge of applications being implemented.
- Problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills to influence management as well as internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; effective in matrix management and team building.
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment.
- Self-motivated and a problem solver.
- Experienced in facilitation and negotiating.
- Intercultural competence.