Our partner is a market leader recognized for delivering solutions that support our customer in their journey into Digital Transformation. We pioneered WAN Optimization with SteelHead and have led the market we created for all of the past 12 years. Today, we have over 28,000 customers, including 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global 100. With our Application Performance Platform, we provide integrated solutions for the interrelated challenges of hybrid enterprises in the cloud era. Our solutions for SD-WAN, for visibility across the hybrid enterprise, and for software-defining the edge enable companies to deploy and manage network services, applications, monitoring capabilities, and branch IT as intuitively as downloading apps onto your smart phone and as instantly as spinning up compute and storage resources into a public cloud.
Our partner is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and determine appropriate action.
- Focus on rapid identification and resolution of customer issues
- Answer questions and perform initial triage on problem reports via phone, web, and email
- Document each customer interaction and resolution process using SFDC and KCS
- Provide timely and effective resolution to support requests based on internal and external service level agreements (SLA)
- Provide timely and complete escalation of customer issues
- At least three years’ experience in a technical support position, preferably with a networking technology company
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience with at least two of the following: Linux and Windows file systems, VMWare, Docker, Firewalls, Network Simulation, Capacity Planning, Network Auditing
- Experience reading and understanding packet captures using Sniffer and/or Ethereal/Wireshark and/or Cascade Pilot and/or AppTransaction or similar
- Extensive knowledge of routing protocols
- Thorough understanding of TCP
- Basic understanding of SNMP and WAN technologies, bandwidth and latency
- Experience with general routing/switching, policy based routing, spanning-tree, VLANs and VLAN trunking
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Hands-on experience with OPNET or proprietary products is preferred
- Experience with UNIX/Linux/MS
- Familiarity with C++, Java and .NET
- Cisco CCNP or CCIE is highly favored