We provide our customers with a best-in-class portfolio of enterprise-grade scalable software with analytics built in. We put customers at the center of our innovation and build high quality products that our teams can be proud of.
Through our breadth of solutions, we are uniquely positioned to help our customers solve business problems and deliver against the needs and opportunities of Hybrid IT, from mainframe to mobile to cloud. We’re a pure-play software company – we have a level of focus that other technology companies don’t have, we are designed from the ground up to build, sell and support software.
We also have the strong operational foundation, proven over a combined 40 years of experience, to deliver on our commitments to our customers. Our scale is global—we have the reach and the capabilities to support customers in a global market. We are the 7th largest software company in the world, and the largest technology company listed on the FTSE. With 4,000 employees working on R&D, we can focus on innovating in solving the most complex technology problems for customers.
You will be part of the Performance Engineering QA team, designing, developing and executing test plans and test scenarios while working in an agile environment and taking ownership on wide areas of the product, working closely with the development team in order to deliver a high quality product. Moreover, you will be able to lead new feature testing independently, from the design phase until production.
Your key tasks:
- Design, develop and execute test plans and test scenarios for our performance testing applications
- Work as part of a team to define and scope user scenarios
- Review and understand functional requirements and provide relevant feedback in order to improve the user experience
- Validate that quality code is delivered, following company standards and customers’ expectations
- Research and continually improve testing approach and expertise
- Work closely with the development team
- Validate defect tickets for new as well as existing components
- Provide guidance and mentoring to less-experienced staff members
- Work in a fast-paced Agile scrum team on all phases of the software development lifecycle
What do we expect?
- Bachelor's degree in a technical subject (e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering)
- Advanced command of English language
- 2+ years of relevant QA experience
- Proven QA knowledge: Analyze and Design Tests according to product usage and specifications, defects investigation and reporting, QA methodologies, etc.
- Algorithmic thinking
- Basic knowledge of databases and query languages (Oracle, MS SQL, SQL Lite)
- Basic networking knowledge
- Familiarity with Application Servers and Web Servers
- Familiarity with Web and Web 2.0 technologies
- Ability to work in Windows and Linux
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies and related tools
- Experience in multi-tasking and prioritizing in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to analyze a task from a system perspective
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
We consider a plus:
- Experience with Linux/Network/Database system administration
- Experience in Load testing
- Experience with test automation