Our partner is a leading principal trading firm with Headquarters in Amsterdam, and offices worldwide in New York, Singapore and Cluj-Napoca, Romania. The Cluj office is focused on software development and works together with development department in Amsterdam to support the business and its growth strategies.
We are looking for a talented Java Software Engineer to join our client's Trading Engines development team. You will be working closely with the other engineers to develop and improve the proprietary trading platform that enables us to trade on exchanges worldwide.
What will you work on?
- Design and build of business critical software and a speed-sensitive and sturdy software architecture
- New tools development
- Writing highly scalable code
- Improving, maintaining and supporting existing applications
- BSc or MSc in Computing Science or equivalent
- Demonstrable competitive nature and winner’s mentality, e.g. through winning Mathematics Olympiads, Chess tournaments
- A Minimum of 3 years working experience as a Software engineer in Core Java
- Ability to write clean, and highly scalable code
- Working experience in an environment that develops their own product (not necessarily finance-related)
- Ability to liaise both with highly-technical colleagues as well as traders and other non-technical personnel
Our partner offers you an exciting job and lots of opportunities within the most dynamic of environments with an excellent compensation package. We provide our employees with the best working environment, the latest technology, continuous support, and we go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started. We offer a competitive salary and reserve a percentage of our business results for our bonus pool.
Our partner is an award winning principal trading firm. We are a leading global technology-enabled liquidity provider specialized in Exchange Traded Products (ETPs). Our sophisticated in-house technology platform enables us to quote prices on many exchanges simultaneously. We also quote bid and ask prices off-exchange to institutional counter parties on request. Robust risk management is at the core of our business, and our risk functions are closely integrated into our platform. Our headquarters in Amsterdam and offices in New York, Singapore and Cluj, accommodate over 200 employees.
Our partner grew to be as successful as we are today out of the expertise and experience of our founding partners. Our non-hierarchical approach stimulates innovation and achievement. We invest in our talented, highly motivated people since they hold the key to our success. Our demanding, sophisticated work continuously puts us to the test. We wouldn't have it any other way. We. Love. This. Job.