Our client is looking for a passionate DevOps Engineer who cares about software excellence. They want people who are mindful of latest technology trends and tools, and have a sharp sense of how to adopt the most appropriate technology to develop solutions that delight their clients.
The technical operations team within EAN are the experts in building the infrastructure and maintaining the applications that is our API. We are variously systems administrators, application architects and designers, developers and builders, rednecks and limeys, all geeks. Operating a 24×7 support rota from 4 locations in the UK and the US, we’re the team at the end of the phone for when things go askew, and we’re the team that puts it right again.
As an experienced DevOps operator you will engage with the product at every stage, from design, through testing and then into production and support. You will support the business in delivering a top class customer experience to our partners around the globe by ensuring maximum operability of our systems. Uptime, response time and customer responsiveness are paramount.
You will need a broad skill set, able to support build, release, monitoring, performance analysis and troubleshooting, all this across a range of hardware systems, batch processes, applications, network devices and databases.
You will need to stay abreast of current technologies and contribute and participate in the analysis and recommendation of new strategies and/or technologies.
- Support and administration of: RHEL / CentOS 6 and 7 in an enterprise environment, Java 1.6/1.7 Applications, Tomcat 6/7, Apache 2.x
- Experience of Infrastructure on Demand, it’s capabilities and use (AWS/OpenStack) Chef/Ruby – Know how to automate first
- Knowledge of web technologies and protocols from Browser to Iron to troubleshoot live site issues
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Being able to troubleshoot into the code is a bonus
- An ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools
- Excellent team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment
Even better stuff you might know:
- Exposure to an enterprise environment bound by ITIL, SOX &/or PCI controls
- Java memory management, GC tuning and the ability to read Java thread dumps
- Knowledge of load balancing technologies, Citrix Netscalers a bonus
- Knowledge of JMX and other Java administration processes
- Understanding of B2B application topologies utilizing XML
- Experience supporting NoSQL data stores.
- Experience with performance tuning and tools to support it
- An understanding of security fundamentals as they pertain to eCommerce application environments.
- A knowledge of agile development methodologies, notably Scrum, able to write accurate user stories
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types