Our client is a global provider of market leading multi-asset trading technology and infrastructure for buy-side and sell-side market participants. Trusted by over 150 of the world’s top-tier banks and brokers, we provide consistent, reliable access to the most current and innovative solutions available. Since 2001, the company has established itself as one of the fastest growing technology companies in the industry. Their uniquely modular product offering was driven by our passion and ambition for sound development principles. They give clients the freedom to choose from modular products tailored to their individual needs, as well as fully serviced solutions for an entire trading infrastructure, supported by 14 data centers world-wide.
The company manages over 450 trading platforms daily, is connected to more than 100 of the world’s leading liquidity and exchange venues and offers over 700 different FIX and API adapters. Privately held, they have offices in New York, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, São Paulo, Cluj-Napoca and Sydney.
You will be part of the FIX Onboarding Team, in charge of providing top level customer services and support to the worldwide client base. The position requires a solid understanding of client issues, requests and expectations, with the ability to quickly identify, analyze and provide solutions to those reported problems. You need to be customer-oriented, rigorous, methodical, analytical and pro-active, highly motivated and constantly looking for new challenges. With the FIX Onboarding’s motto being "One Team, One Dream", we need you to be a dedicated team player.
A FIX Engineer needs to deal with level 2 escalations raised by clients either by telephone or by email to the FIX Service Desk. This role has no direct reports and is therefore responsible for actioning all points below.
- Create a JIRA tracking ticket for all calls and emails managed.
- Update assigned tickets with details of actions taken and time spent each day.
- Prioritize activity based on issue severity or urgency of service requests.
- Maintain a 80% positive internal / external client satisfaction record across FCS.
- Maintain the FCS Knowledge Base (KB) by contributing to 3 articles per quarter.
2nd level support:
- Manage the level 2 JIRA ticket queue, assigning new tickets w/in 10 minutes.
- Escalate suspected software issues to level 3 support teams w/in 48 hours.
- Deliver 90% of assigned work items w/in +/-25% of the original delivery ETA
- 2-years’ experience in a level 2 support role responsible for delivering global application integration support for a variety of small to large customers.
- Excellent English communication skills having experience dealing with individuals at all levels within an organization and being able to tailor your communication style to match difficult customer expectations.
- Familiar with Service Management ticketing systems, experience with JIRA is highly desirable.
- Proven skills in managing problems across a range of products and services.
- Evidence of working with a team to achieve shared goals and ensuring that monthly service level agreements are met.
- Proven ability to form effective relationships with internal departments and key business representatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Telecommunication, Electronics or similar, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in Unix.
- Networking experience.
- An excellent understanding of ITIL Incident Management Processes and a high degree of familiarity with Problem & Change management processes.