Our client is a Stanford startup reinventing news watching with a personalized newscast experience. Named one of the best apps of 2014 on Google Play and featured by Apple in the News category, the company partners with The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post and other top news organizations. The company received seed stage investment from the Stanford/StartX Fund, Microsoft Ventures and Knight Foundation.
As a member, you will join a growing team of talented software engineers who are passionate about working with the latest technologies to build world class products. They are proud of our modern technology stack and methodology which includes RESTful APIs, Node.js, MongoDB, Continuous integration (CI), Git-flow, 24/7 cloud infrastructure, test-driven development + automation.
Our ideal candidates are fearless developers who have worked with various technologies in the past and are interested in expanding their knowledge.
- Proficiency with or strong interest in learning Swift
- Prior experience with the iOS programming environment
- Understands and appreciates the nuances of user-interfaces and user experiences
- Implicit understanding of datatypes and design patterns
- Is knowledgeable about REST communications and HTTP transports
- Experience with NoSQL and document-based persistence is a plus
- Join a small Silicon Valley startup
- Direct innovation flow between and to Silicon Valley
- Actively contribute to the technology stack
- Competitive compensation
- Participate to annual retreat in Italy