Our client is looking for a DevOps Engineer who care about excellence. They want people who are mindful of latest technology trends and tools, and have a sharp sense of how to adopt the most appropriate technology to develop solutions that delight their clients.
They champion best engineering practices and love learning new skills, so finding people who have the same mind-set is key to their business model. Our client is a company that lives in a world where the individuals are looked after first and then those people who make up the community that they share, and then finally, (but with the same passion) their beloved successful clients.
- Support and administration of: RHEL / Centos 6 and 7 in an enterprise environment, Java 1.6/1.7 Applications, Tomcat 6/7, Apache 2.x
- Experience of Infrastructure on Demand, it’s capabilities and use (AWS/OpenStack)
- Chef/Ruby – Know how to automate first
- Knowledge of web technologies and protocols from Browser to Iron to troubleshoot live site issues
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Being able to troubleshoot into the code is a bonus
- An ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools
- Excellent team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a very dynamic and timeline sensitive work environment
Even better stuff you might know:
- Exposure to an enterprise environment bound by ITIL, SOX &/or PCI controls
- Java memory management, GC tuning and the ability to read Java thread dumps
- Knowledge of load balancing technologies, Citrix Netscalers a bonus
- Knowledge of JMX and other java administration processes
- Understanding of B2B application topologies utilizing XML
- Experience supporting NoSQL data stores.
- Experience with performance tuning and tools to support it
- An understanding of security fundamentals as they pertain to ecommerce application environments.
- A knowledge of agile development methodologies, notably Scrum, able to write accurate user stories
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types