Our partner wishes to extend its specialist development team in Timișoara. Their new high tech office is centrally located at Piata Ionel Bratianu, Timisoara.
Key Aspects of the Role
The role is back-end / middle-tier development role based in Timisoara working with the local team who in turn collaborate directly with the Dublin based team. Some travel to Dublin will be required.
Our software stack is almost solely Microsoft .NET and SQL Server deployed to a Windows platform. The candidate will work within a dedicated back-end team highly skilled in delivering high through-put low latency trading and web services integrations to 3rd party systems. The platform(s) contain both synchronous and asynchronous servicing on both soap and tcp-ip processing channels. Some business logic is maintained with SQL Server hence solid T-SQL and SQL Server knowledge/expertise is required.
Designing, documenting, coding and unit testing of the middle tier components in .Net, C#, java for both synchronous and asynchronous services to specification and on time.
Integration to 3rd party systems using web services based API's.
Support System Test and participate in the handover of builds to release management and production teams. Provide accurate time frames for projects and change requests & working to help Project Manager achieve deadlines.
Taking pro-active steps to ensure higher availability and faster performance of solutions. Assist in the definition and implementation of development best practice, environments, and tools. Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies, platforms, and software.
The successful candidate
The successful candidate should have proven track record in a technically challenging development environment. Experienced in full life cycle of software development; including requirements analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of each step. Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving. The candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to grasp issues quickly and make educated, critical judgment. The candidate will need to be a good team player, but will also be able to work autonomously with a minimum of Technical skill set.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a challenging backend development environment
- Experience working as a senior C# .Net Developer
- Strong knowledge and experience of synchronous and asynchronous service
- Strong knowledge and experience of 3rd party system integrations.
- Experience of C#, Visual Studio and Microsoft development technologies, and a good understanding of OOP
- Experience of unit testing with nunit, productivity/refactoring plugins, Resharper
- Experience of source control & working on a shared codebase with SubVersion (desired), Mercurial, Git, Perforce, with other developers on multiple versions of the software, development, test & production code bases simultaneously.
In addition, candidates must have good spoken & written English.
Advantageous Skills and Experience
Experience of mission-critical high volume transactional processing
- Experience and knowledge of programming paradigms; networking, concurrency, publish/subscribe, cloud patterns
- Experience with Push technologies
- Experience of multi-variant testing techniques
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience of the sports betting industry
- This is a challenging role with a competitive salary package
- Yearly bonus based on company growth, team and individual achievements
- Annual Leave 24 days. 25 days after 3 years service
- Flexible Hours
- Gym Membership
- Team building events / company events