Founded in 1948, our client is a Swiss, privately owned international agri-business. We produce, originate and market fertilisers and grains and are part of the agricultural supply chain whose task it is to feed the world. Our headquarters are in Binningen, Switzerland, near the city of Basel. We have regional offices on all five continents and invest globally in assets supporting our business activities.
Our core business is physical trading of fertilisers and grains, supported by auxiliary assets, such as silos, warehouses or port facilities as well as upstream assets, such as fertiliser production plants. We are part of the supply chain whose task is to feed the world.
Our strategy remains focused on physical trading of fertilisers and grains, with a view to further support our trading operations with investments into related assets. We believe that a careful diversification into fixed assets will further solidify our business model, which has consistently proven to be profitable and comparatively crisis-resistant.
As a general strategic approach, our client emphasizes long-term, sustainable business over short-term quick profit motives.
Our partner is looking for a charismatic and driven personality who will support their enterprise in transforming the organisation into a data-driven company. Your responsibility will be working alongside a dedicated team of Engineers and Analysts to define, develop and support the company’s growing Business Intelligence requirements. At the same time, you should think outside the box and develop and promote ideas of more intelligent use of data by means of advanced analytics, data thinking and machine learning.
- Assemble data from multiple sources
- Develop and maintain scripts and queries to import, manipulate, clean, transform data from different sources, MS SQL DBs for Dynamics AX 2012 & Navision, structured/unstructured sources of data (Excel, Access, SharePoint, Yammer etc.) as well as external databases.
- Conduct analyses that help our businesses with better decision-making
- Performs research and draft designs of data analytics products for our businesses
- Develop analytical tools and programs in line with business requirements
- Present analysis conclusions to the business teams in a clear, understandable, and valuable way to a non-analytical audience
- Support our business teams with formulating analytics requests
- Build metrics reporting systems and tracks process improvements across the business
- Communicates clearly build strong relationships with team members and business stakeholders
- Drive overall improvement in data governance
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Analysis or similar
- 3-5 years of experience in data analysis
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to deliver simple, user-friendly, pragmatic solutions to complex issues
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Data visualization techniques for charts and reports
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Power BI
- Designing, implementing and maintaining SSRS reports
- Must have a very good database and SQL knowledge
- Completed studies in a technical discipline or relevant data analytics certification
- Fluency in English
Nice to Have
- Understanding of commodity markets, agribusiness and agriculture
- Prior experience with Dynamics AX, D365 and/or Azure
- fascinated by the world at large
- without prejudices
- good in communication and languages
- fast and precise
- want a promising career
- want to contribute your own ideas and make a difference
- are not interested in bureaucracy and hierarchy
- are ready to assume responsibility
- want to move fast, if you are good
- do not believe that you know it all
- are ready to learn
- hires attitude over skills and diplomas
- value a culture based on entrepreneurship, integrity and family spirit
- want to promote from within
- aim to offer the challenge, the rewards and the comfort to make you stay with us