Our partner is an IT, financial cloud and cyber-security provider to the financial services and alternative investment sectors. They take pride in redefining the future of technological support. Through their R&D, DevOps, automation and machine-learning, our partner provides clients with tomorrow’s edge, today. Our partner offers bespoke solutions to clients that are system-agnostic, secure, transparent, best-in-class and supported by holistic advice.
Headquartered in New York City and London (EMEA), our partner serves over 650 clients globally with additional facilities in Connecticut, New Jersey, Massachusetts, California and Luxembourg. Our partner brings together a seasoned executive team and a committed group of over 200 highly skilled consultant technicians.
This position is responsible for planning, installing, configuring, maintaining our systems and enterprise applications as well as resolving key technical issues for our client's customers. This role will collaborate with technical leadership and other technical team members in other departments to review, analyze and implement application solutions designed to address client-specific requirements. This role will be involved in site reliability maintenance, server administration, data integrity and network monitoring.
• Maintain and manage solutions for OS patch maintenance and work closely with clients and our teams to ensure timely and trouble-free patching process.
• Provide reporting on maintenance process, including exceptions and success rate.
• Review daily reports and resolve escalated issues related to data backups
• Work closely with our Software Development team, reporting bugs and suggesting improvements to our proprietary backup monitoring platform
• Perform complex configuration, change management and testing activities to support maintenance and monitoring processes.
• Ensure the performance and reliability of monitoring and management platforms and work with other information technology professional to resolve performance issues.
• Provide feedback and suggestions on continues improvement for the company's maintenance and monitoring processes and solutions.
• Interface with third-party vendors, technology partners, and internal project stakeholders to generate solution-based roadmaps that will address clients’ requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related degree -or- equivalent work experience.
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in systems administration, backup and site maintenance administration.
• Experience working in MSP environment servicing multiple clients is preferred
• Able to manage multiple priorities and complete projects on time in an agile environment.
• Strong attention to details, critical thinker, self-starter and team player.
• Excellent communication with the ability to ask relevant questions to gather relevant details and communicate effectively with clients and internal project stakeholders.
• Demonstrable ability to automate repetitive or redundant tasks with 1 or more scripted or compiled language (Powershell, Python, etc).
• Experience with patch deployment and data protection ( backup ) software and processes.
• Experience with backup solutions (Acronis, Asigra/DS, Barracuda, Cloudberry, Datto, Glacier/AWS, Veritas, Unitrends, VEEAM, etc.).
• Understanding of data analysis techniques with some experience working with data analysis tools (Excel, SQL, PowerBI, Looker, etc).
Nice to Have:
These are the skills we look for. You don’t need all these skills but the more you have, the better.
• Experienced with managing enterprise RMM applications such as ConnectWise Automate, Kaseya, N-Able or SCCM a plus
• Knowledge and experienced in SQL for backups and report builder is a plus
• Knowledge and experienced in SNMP Walk is a plus
• Knowledge and experienced in networking, DHCP, DNS, monitoring SNMP, WMI, CIM, VMware and ESX servers and .NET programming is a plus.