Our partner is one of Ireland’s largest software development organisations and the company has been operating successfully in Cork city for the last 20 years. They have recently established a company in Cluj-Napoca and intends to grow it’s presence with talented software professionals that will collaborate closely with the development teams in Cork.
We are seeking a QA/Test Engineer to join our QA Team. The full-time role is based in our Cluj office servicing the needs of our client. The role will report to the QA Test Manager.
The successful candidate will work with the development team in building and executing comprehensive suites of test plans and test cases for eCommerce sites.
- Develop and execute test plans and test cases to solve technical challenges.
- Contribute and evolve high-quality test solutions for functional and regression testing.
- Develop an understanding of client business terminology practice and procedures within a reasonable timeframe.
- Provide input as per best practice (estimating, designing, developing, and executing test procedures and test cases).
- You may be required to perform additional duties, not listed above, to support the testing function into the future.
- Work closely with the Development team daily.
- Liaise with Business Analysts/Business Users if requirements are unclear.
- Execute Test plans and Regression Test plans within agreed timescales and standards.
- Test complex areas of application(s) and use business knowledge to determine if functionality is correct.
- Investigate and document defects in a defect tracking system and verify resolution to ensure prompt closure of all defects.
- Clearly articulate and communicate testing status, and red/yellow flags, which might interfere with the achievement of QA milestones.
- Self-motivating toward on-time delivery of high-quality outputs.
- Any Software Test experience, especially in the area of eCommerce.
- Proven track record using Industry Standard Test Tools.
- Experience in structured testing methods and techniques.
- Experience writing test plans and test procedures.
- Experience in the use of Defect Tracking tools.
- Experience testing business/enterprise applications.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to learn new business areas quickly.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Desire to develop your own knowledge by keeping abreast of testing tools and techniques, attending workshops, and reviewing technical publications.