Our partner, a leading data security company, specializes in Data Loss Prevention Software. The company's mission is to enable businesses and end-users around the world to take full advantage of the performance benefits of working from home, mobility, portability, and communications solutions, without compromising security. To achieve this, they develop solutions that prevent data loss on the ever-increasing number of devices, endpoints, and mobile devices accessing and storing sensitive data. The company solutions help organizations around the world meet industry rules and regulations like HIPAA, PCI DSS, FISMA, GDPR, and CCPA. They now proudly protect over 11 million users worldwide.
As part of the partner's team, you will have the chance to work on an industry-leading cybersecurity product recognized with multiple awards.
The company is based in Cluj-Napoca, Romania with offices in the USA and Germany.
About the role
They are seeking an innovative C++ developer to join their growing team (6), eager to
use their skills in the development of modern and cutting-edge technologies in the security field (banking & finance, law, medical, governmental, military).
As part of the Client team (C++) you will be reporting to the Development Manager and
also to the VP of Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Solid foundation in computer science with competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and testing
- Experience with C++ (minimum 5 years in a full-time position)
- Experience with C++ concurrency concepts
- Socket programming (using C/C++ or POSIX APIs)
- Experience with a graphical user interface development framework such as Qt is considered a plus
- Networking knowledge: firewall, proxy, vpn
- Knowledge of internet protocols: HTTP, SMTP
- Knowledge of MySQL / Sqlite databases struct
- Basic knowledge of cryptography
- Knowledge of the inner workings of operating systems
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and Romanian
- Extraordinary analytical and problem-solving skills
- Extensive experience in deploying software across a variety of platforms and operating systems
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a leading security product for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Consulting with internal and external stakeholders to determine the scope of new features
- Work in an x-team setup to develop & deliver the most innovative features
- Documenting processes and maintain development records
- Provide active support for your developed features towards our technical support team & customers
- Be involved in application design meetings developed within the team, together with product management
- Stay up to date with C++ standards, update & improve existing
- Be involved in engineering phases like working with the server team, delivery and quality assurance
It is an advantage:
- If you have the ability to work with a wide range of technologies on a wide range of operating systems (Windows, Mac OS X and Linux)
- Have experience with system programming (drivers, kernel extensions)
- Basic knowledge of another language like Python, Perl, PHP