Our partner solves complex payment problems for businesses and institutions to empower new opportunities globally and locally. The company processes billions in payments per year, connecting all the entities involved to make those transactions faster, more secure, less expensive, and more transparent. Clients in business, education and healthcare use our partner’s full-service platform to tailor the payment experience for their customers and to create a single point of visibility and control for payer engagement and receivables management – from invoicing and payment through reconciliation. Our partner also supports its clients with end-to-end customer support including multilingual servicing via phone, email, and chat, as well as around-the-clock online payment tracking.
Our partner is looking for an experienced engineer to join the Site Reliability Engineering Team to help drive reliability, automation and performance in our cloud-based infrastructure.
Their SRE team is responsible for the lifecycle of production systems, working across multiple levels. SRE’s are embedded in the development teams enabling and empowering them to achieve full speed on shipping reliable and operable systems. They also work at a global scale driving initiatives to achieve production excellence.
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces with a focus on availability, latency, performance, and capacity.
- Be embedded on a development team helping them navigate production excellence and advocate for best practices.
- Engage and collaborate with other disciplines in the design, deployment, operation, and optimization of services.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack and practice incident response and blameless postmortem.
- Be part of an on-call shift along with other disciplines to respond to incidents.
What’s next in our team?
- Pushing SRE practice to the next level
- Help development teams to migrate production systems to our new platform
- Migration of the data layer to managed services
- Keep pursuing full DevSecOps
Here’s What We’re Looking For:
Our client is aiming to build a multidisciplinary and balanced team based on "t-shaped" individuals. As such we are looking for people comfortable with the idea of being or becoming a generalizing specialist.
Software engineering is an essential part of their work, they actively use and support many different platforms and languages. Experience with at least one programming language is needed, also experience with testing techniques such as TDD or BDD will be highly valued.
Being familiar with the container ecosystem, cloud infrastructure, build systems and CI/CD tools is critical for being successful at this role. You will need to be comfortable taking ownership of complex systems challenges and help uncover opportunities for improvement.
In the SRE team, they have enablers, they empower and encourage their fellow colleagues so you will need to have strong communication and collaboration skills, and most importantly, empathy.
Some Technologies We Use :
These are some of the technologies that we use, but we are always learning, experimenting and open to change:
- Ruby, Java, Kotlin, Go, Node, Python
- AWS: EC2, ECS, Lambda, Fargate, Cloudwatch, SQS, RDS, Kinesis, S3, ElasticSearch, DocumentDB
- Linux, Docker, Terraform, Make, Chef
- Gitlab, Jenkins
- Sentry, Sumologic, New Relic
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Work with experienced people that will keep you on your toes
- Professional training to be successful in your role, books, online courses and conferences and also physical conferences once the world opens up
- Professional & Personal growth opportunities
- Competitive time off and FlyBetter Days to support any cause you believe in
- Wellbeing Programs
- They are a global company, their engineering team is distributed across 3 continents and 4 different countries, they like working remotely.
- Our engineering practise is shaped around some of the concepts of Agile, Lean, and Extreme Programming. Each team has a high level of autonomy to organize themselves in the way they consider more appropriate to execute their mission.
- They actively engage in knowledge sharing by hosting internal cross-discipline events
- They are active in contributing to open source whenever possible
- They contribute to our local communities by hosting different events, meetups, etc...
The Hiring Process :
- Our client is excited to get to know you!
- Throughout their process, you can expect 4 rounds of interviews with different team members including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a homework assignment (it is not that bad!).
- Your TA Partner will walk you through the steps and be your “go-to” person for any questions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer. With over 30 nationalities across 12 different offices and diversity and inclusion at the core of Their people agenda, They believe their employees are the greatest asset, and they’re excited to watch their unique culture evolve with each new hire.